Sgt Promotions - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sgt Promotions

WOW

True tact and Diplomacy. But I don't think it's you they don't want to promote.

Why don't they just put a disclamer on the very first page of the test saying that " if your not SWAT, SID or Play ball, you have almost no chance of getting promoted". Hard work and loyalty gets you nothing here. From what I noticed the last 3-4 lists were more of a popularity contest.

bet you

Lets think about that statement genius. The SWAT guys who got promoted came from patrol and ventured out to CID, CAC or SID. Did they choose to keep their lazy arse under a shade tree? No. They decided to try and learn some different areas of the agency and do some different police work. Are they smarter then you? yes. They studied hard and passed the test while you were complaining why everyone else gets things and you don’t. Blow your nose and wipe your eyes crybaby. Get your material on the 15th and study harder get promoted and make changes if you’re the brains at our agency. As for SID, most don’t want to take the test because they like the job they are doing and from what I hear they do it well. The ones who do take it from SID, I’d bet a lunch they do better then the rest even though last years test was geared more to patrol. Wanna know why, they are doers not talkers.

Gee im sure "Be smart" isnt an admin spokesman right?????? What a flippin joke.

Be Smart is Correct

Grow up. If you truly believe being in S.I.D / C.I.D. / S.W.A.T gives you Carte blanche to achieve a promotion, you obviously have never taken a promotional exam at this agency. Score high on the written and speak like a professional law enforcement officer during the oral, and placement on the list is yours for the taking. As for being a spokesman for the administration, a supervisor ( as well as all employees of the agency) are supposed to have faith in, and back the agency they work for. If you believe a supervisor is supposed to have an Oneco mentality that is focused soley on a patrol deputy's personal problems and inferiority complexes, then YOU are correct, the promotional process is a "flippin"(sic )joke.

New Process

No he/she is right is absolutely right, if I were you I would call the Colonel and give him your name and tell him you deserve to be promoted, I’m sure that would probably work just tell him you are trying out for SWAT or putting in for SID/CID. Even better put your name on the board and we will all call him for you, or how about an agency petition lets see if the entire agency wants to see you get promoted, yea that’s a better process.

c

I would prefer them just picking and be done with it. If they pick someone and the are a dumb arse it reflects on them, my guess is that wont happen much.

the point

It got nothing to do with where you came from CID/SID/SWAT/PATROL.
    they just dont want the S.L. promoted. so they are goning to retest. Why osn't correction taking the test. Because There ok with the people on the list. The agency has a test prcess set up and eveyone that got on the list followed that process. But no the adminstration has pulled the rug out from under the remaining selectees. HOW CAN YOU HAVE FAITH IN A AGENCY THAT CHANGES THE RULES BEHIND YOUR BACK.

So you take the test next time and finish first,second or thrid. Then what.
    They still don't like you and everyone under you get F----ed again.

That the problem. They made the process now they need to stick to it or it's a never ending thing

They administration makes use stick to procedues, why can't they.

If he's so bad, he won't last the probationary period. at least be fair to the others

To administration. you say the trust of the community is important for us to operate effectively.

WELL I SAY TRUST FROM YOUR TROOPS IS JUST AS IMPORTANT TO EFFECTIVE OPERATIONS. DO WHATS RIGHT.

TRUTH

WOW
    24hrs and not a single response. I guess when the truth is out and the facts are in the open, there not much anyone can say.

maybe it's time Accreditation look into it. Maybe if we lose our accreditation for not having a legitimate testing procedure, and it hits them in the wallet, maybe then they would do whats right.

Promotion

The General Order states promotion testing is done every year. The Sheriff may extend the list, he does not have to extend it.

The current list is not closed and will not be closed until shortly before the test (five months away).

Look at some of the individuals who have been promoted and some who have not. Do you honestly think that if the administration was picking and choosing that some of those would have been promoted? Or, that some who were not promoted wouldn't have been if it was rigged. Think about it.

Get the study materials, prepare yourself, and take the test. I'm sure they will not have a question asking the difference between there and their.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast