Teamsters Law Enforcement League
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just so everyone knows, the International Brotherhood of Teamsters represents law enforcement officers. This is not new, just not very well known. The Teamsters will agressively represent it's members. Teamsters Local 385, http://www.local385.org has represented police officers and deputy sheriff's for well over ten years. Local 385 employs active and retired law enforcement officers as business agents to better represent it's members. These business agents have considerable experience in representing officers/deputies in internal affairs investigations and the disciplinary process. If your agency is not represented, or you are considering making a change, please contact the Teamsters. Teamsters has a hundred year history of representing members to improve wages, hours, and working conditions, no other union can say that.

Can you say Jimmy Hoffa?

You know it is amazing how uneducated people are. I realize that you only have to have a high school education or GED to be in law enforcement, but in my almost 19 years as a cop, I have learned alot. I hope you can learn that things are not what they were, in law enforcement or the Teamsters, I can find corruption in law enforcement now, but due to the Federal Government oversite, I would not be able to find it in the Teamsters. Grow up and get educated. Unlike the PBA, FOP, IUPA, I have 1.4 million members standing behind me, not to mention some really deep pockets when I need to fight the City for what we deserve.

AND I AM PROUD TO SAY JIMMY HOFFA IS MY PRESIDENT!!!

Youse guys need to get on board wit da Teamstas, or me and Vito might has to come pay youse a little visit. Capiche? Now lets go get a canoli!

Re: Teamsters Law Enforcement League

Quote Originally Posted by Guest 3614
    You know it is amazing how uneducated people are. I realize that you only have to have a high school education or GED to be in law enforcement, but in my almost 19 years as a cop, I have learned alot.
    You obviously have not learned that "A LOT" is two words. Perhaps you should go back and finish your GED before insulting us.

To Guest 3614,

I previously worked for an agency that the officers were represented by the Teamsters, and I was not impressed when an officer needed their support and none was given by the Teamsters. I apologize that my sense of humor is not conducive to you, but as someone working on their masters, I take offense to you implication that I am not educated. Now go F__K yourself.

WE NEED TO GO TO PBA...

DONT GET TRAPPED INTO GIVING A STATEMENT WITHOUT AN ATTORNEY LIKE TWO OFC'S DID.

24/7 LEGAL HELP AND MORE POLITICALLY POWERFUL.

MORE INFLUENCES AND PRESSURE TO REMOVE THE CHIEF.

hey alpha patrol dog,

i dont know what great things you think the pba is gonna do for us, but from everything i've been told in the past it wasnt much. the fop members we have had bargaining for us in the past (stokes, phillips) have done a great job.

as far as representation, first the two officers who gave statements without it, did the right thing. they f#$@ed up and like men admitted it, both will agree to that statement.
    second if more officers would go in and admit when something stupid has been done, you would see the outcome would be much cleaner. in my career here i have yet to see one cop get jammed up for being a cop! every time someone has caught paper or suspension it has been for something stupid that was lied about and attempted to cover up.
    as far as representation ,yes i have used the fop attorney ( use of force and a federal law suit) both times i was well represented and came out clean.

Quote Originally Posted by ALPHA PATROL DOG
    WE NEED TO GO TO PBA...

DONT GET TRAPPED INTO GIVING A STATEMENT WITHOUT AN ATTORNEY LIKE TWO OFC'S DID.

24/7 LEGAL HELP AND MORE POLITICALLY POWERFUL.

MORE INFLUENCES AND PRESSURE TO REMOVE THE CHIEF.
    Hialeah PD has PBA. Nuff said.

Well - if you for one second think that the FOP has what it takes to defend you internally, you are sadly mistaken. They are in bed with the Chief; they share too much information (thats how rumors start) uder the guise of that is what it takes to get things done with Chief George; they basically do what they can to make everyone happy! Make everyone happy? They are suppossed to fight for the Officer's rights, right, wrong or indifferent....... Yes, the FOP has done a great job as far as our contracts go, but as far as legal representation or even political power goes, no thanks.... You really should give the PBA a serious look......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast