laptop - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: laptop

HOW ABOUT INTERESTED OFFICERS DROP A MEMO BY A CERTAIN DATE. NOW THIS MAY BE TRICKY, BUT HERE GOES. HAVE THE SGT. OR LT. IN CHARGE LAPTOPS, THEMSELVES PULL THE CAD REPORT OF EACH INTERESTED OFFICER'S PAST YEAR OR EVEN 6 MONTHS HISTORY OF RUNNING 38'S, 24'S, 23'S, ETC. IF TOO MUCH, ASSIGN IT TO INTERESTED OFICER'S SGT. OR LT. TO PULL THE CAD HISTORY. AT LEAST THIS WILL SHOW INTERESTED OFFICER'S ACTIVITY/SELF INITIATIVENESS/ETC. AT LEAST ONE CAN HAVE SOME SORT OF LIST AND BREAKDOWN TO MAKE A DECISION ON SOME LEGITIMATE BASIS? NO? JUST AN IDEA. MAY WEED OUT THE ZERO'S OR FAVORITES WHO JUST WANT ONE TO HAVE ONE. THEN DEFINATELY RUN CAD CHECKS ON ALREADY ISSUED LAPTOPS...ONES THAT DON'T USE RE-ASSIGN TO ONES WHO WILL...BUT AGAIN THIS MAY MAKE SENSE AND IS COMMING FROM A COMMON GRUNT FROM 3RD HERD
    STAY SAFE EVERONE.......

GUEST, THAT IS THE BEST IDEA I HAVE HEARD YET!!! AND WHILE WE ARE AT IT I THINK THAT THE E-TICKET SHOULD HAVE THE SAME REQUIREMENT! IMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES IF THE PEOPLE THAT WORK STARTED GETTING REWARDED AND THOSE THAT JUST SKATE BY OR THAT JUST USE THE LAPTOP TO SEE WHAT'S HOLDING GET THEIR'S TAKEN AWAY!

OH YEAH, AND JUST ONE MORE THING, MAYBE THEY SHOULD TRY AGAIN AND MAKE ALL THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE LAPTOPS A LITTLE MORE EQUAL, AND EITHER GIVE EVERYONE ACCESS TO THE INTERNET OR TAKE IT AWAY FROM EVERYONE!

You two are the perfect example of the problem around here. ME ME ME. Instead of saying, "That person shouldn't have a laptop, give it to me!" -Everyone should be saying, laptops serve an important role in doing our job, everyone should get one. You should be happy that at least some people have them and do not envy that. Greed and that ME FIRST attitude is part of the big problem around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    You two are the perfect example of the problem around here. ME ME ME. Instead of saying, "That person shouldn't have a laptop, give it to me!" -Everyone should be saying, laptops serve an important role in doing our job, everyone should get one. You should be happy that at least some people have them and do not envy that. Greed and that ME FIRST attitude is part of the big problem around here.
    hey last guest your either an idiot or new or both...if you know how all pd's work, then you would know there isn't enough equipment for all..let the ones that prove themselves get the bennies and the known skaters get basics...it's called deserving clown.

hey last guest your either an idiot or new or both...if you know how all pd's work, then you would know there isn't enough equipment for all..let the ones that prove themselves get the bennies and the known skaters get basics...it's called deserving clown.
    Yeah, and I bet you deserve a laptop more than anyone else in the department. You are the best cop in the world and everyone else is a "zero." Everyone who has a laptop is a zero and the only good cops are the ones who don't get one. Also, eveyone should ask YOU who deserves a laptop because you are the only person qualified to be the laptop judge. If it doesn't go through you, then it's a wrong decision. As a matter of fact, maybe ALL department decisions should go through you from now on since you are obviously the smartest, fairest, and best qualified to hand out the "bennies" as you say. Thank you for making my point that the problem is people like you who are ME FIRST, ME FIRST, ME FIRST.

FURTHER, your argument is not with me, it's with previous posters who are arguing for laptops to be distributed by seniority. So what is it going to be? seniority, or you judging everyone's work habits? you decide. I'll sit back and watch as everyone tries to prove they deserve one more than anyone else (ME, ME, ME).

if my argument isn't with you do not lash out at me.
    and no i do not have a laptop.
    but i know of guys who have them and do not utilize them. so if i am thinking about me me me, i'm not. i thought it was a good idea and only fair way to distribute them.
    if a ofc will use efficiently-issue one
    if a ofc will barely use it-issue one but on the bottom of list.
    if there are enough laptops for everyone- then everyone gets one.
    u need to see the big picture...
    would u rather see a ofc that shmoozes brass or a actual worker get one? who do you think should get one first?

Who cares about lap tops or anything else that deals with making the staff look good!Just ride and wave! Make sure you call me or send a message on this site the moment we cant hang at MANGO'S or TALK TO THE 33'S AT THE BEACH!!!
    I LOVE THIS PLACE!OH AND YOU CAN HAVE MY LAP TOP,FOOLS!

hey last guest your either an idiot or new or both...clown
    Sorry if you felt lashed out at, I apologize. I got angry that you called me an idiot and a clown. Here is my point: There is absolutely no way that giving out laptops will be fair to everyone. Some want seniority, others want pro-activity to be the measure of who gets one. No matter what, someone will cry NO FAIR. So the big picture, in my opinion, is put your name on the list and wait. Eventually, everyone will have one, as someone said earlier. I'm willing to bet that on the day everyone gets one, some people will claim it's unfair because so and so got called to pick theirs up before them (remember when the first Tasers came in?). The laptops we have now stink anyways. They are over 4 years old and many of them are barely working. When they do work, there isn't much you can do on them. Run tags, run d/l's, do your logsheets, and see the dispatch screen. Other than that, they are pretty much useless. No local checks, no report writing, no QTH call history, no 17 diagrams. The new system should be able to do everything like other agencies have been doing for years. And everyone will have their own computer. Lets focus on the real problem, which is pressing to get laptops and a working system for EVERYONE, and not bicker amongst ourselves about who is more deserving because there is no way to agree on a system that everyone will think is fair.

i hear you. we are all fed up at certain things. the main thing for me is that with all that is going on that is wrong and fixable by the sgt's up the chain of command they choose to be little pus...s and say, you are right, i know, BUT......just play the game"
    ref the laptops, i would like to have one to run 23's and 24's...i don't need the internet. the sad thing is there are still laptops out there where ofc's don't utilize them!!!!

with all the money in this department they cant get new laptops for everybody

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast