"criminal or crazy" post

"criminal or crazy" post

I assume some of you that read the string “Criminal or Crazy” think that I am the one that started it, but you're sadly mistaken. I am probably the reason for the post though, because I do complain constantly about the adding on of officer’s names to criminal reports, affidavits and citations when they were not there.

You will probably say I’m just disgruntled because my stats are not as good as some officers that are on my squad, but again you would be mistaken! Earlier in the year I was one of the top producers on my squad but was forced to sit on the shelf (with another officer) when some officers complained and they had to do “add on” arrests just to compete.

Any of you can look up the history for 1201 Orient road and see who regularly does “add on” arrests out there. That is not our job, it is the booking deputy’s. It is a shame that some officers are allowed to sit out there and do the “add on” arrests instead of fighting the crime in their zone, but what is even worse is when those officers do it at the end of their shifts and receive overtime pay for it. When the Patty Wagon driver sits at booking and does “Add on” arrests instead of transports, that’s a shame!!! That’s why I have been driving the wagon, Just transports no “add ons”!!!

Just remember that when you’re at booking “creating” your stats, there is someone in your zone being victimized which is a BAD stat for the district!!

Thank You
    G. Pruitt

Gary
    You are a true cops cop. I admire your honor and courage and remember you downtown working on my squad a couple of years ago when we were really short handed out there. You weren't concerned with frivolous stats back then, simply put, you came in, busted your arse every day to serve the public, and gave the Department a lot of bang for their buck.

Thankyou Gary for pointing out this booking matter.
    I believe if all of us worked half as hard as you do at simply hustling, fighting crime and doing the right thing, we wouldn't have to be worried about what each other is doing.
    If is sad that some cops have to dive after arrest stas like kids dive after cheap Gasparilla Doubloons on the sidewalk just to feel good.

We all need to come up with a substantive, accurate, ethical measure to show how well we serve the public - it may not be practical at this point but something we can chip away at. But given the way we have measured things lately, current practices are not working - many categories and results are inaccurate. We are all the Emperor's Children and none of us are wearing any clothes.

Thanks for your moral courage in this issue Gary and the personal and professional courage I have seen you exert in risking your life for others while on the street.
    Joe

Fact is that we are "call-takers". Unfortunately now we have to stoop to low methods to keep brass off our back. Why can't they judge us by our assigned calls instead of stat ratios? While calls hold in their sector, some officers are out looking for sig 40s or headlights out to keep from being called in to the Lt's office at the end of the month.

Well, we can all be taking down those illegal signs you know.

DB, D2

Please
    You are a big baby, have been since the Crutchfield days. Castor hates you, and all the people that you have dissed in the past that are now promoted, hate you. Grow up. No one beleives it.

loser

Ok, you've been on every post soo far, you coward. All you want to do is dish everyone on here. Your pathetic to cut down a guy like Gary. At least he has the guts to come on here and post his name. You want to cut people down and then run home to your mommy. Where all kinda sick of you by now.......... If your cutting down Gary, you must be a LOSER. :lol: Gary....good post man....I'll back you any day brother.

Please
    You are a big baby, have been since the Crutchfield days. Castor hates you, and all the people that you have dissed in the past that are now promoted, hate you. Grow up. No one beleives it
    You should be ashamed of yourself to cut down another officer, especially a HERO like Gary in the manner you have without even posting your name. Gary has more cop in his left sack than you have in your entire spineless jellyfish gutless body. Tell you what, you know where I work. Get ahold of me, leave me a note on when and how we can get together for a "beer" OFF DUTY and then we can discuss how much of loser you are. Stick those malicious typing fingers up your own excrement orifice you POS

Can't we all just get along???