Whatever Happened to Lt. Mike Brown??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Mike Brown

Ms. Thomas,

I had almost given up visiting this site until someone brought up your posts. I am not sure as to what you aim to accomplish? Is it you just have a stick and want to stir things up? What exactly is your position in this arena? I have not checked on the requirements to register for this site therefore I can’t comment on whether or not you are who you say you are. It is amazing that you bring so much of your argument to the fact that you are honest about your postings and not one else is, because they don’t use their registered names. (I’ll let that go)

The Sheriff’s Office of Highlands County is light years ahead of where we were only a few short years ago. The pay for certified LEO’s has gone up as much as 30% for some of the sworn personnel. Most of the equipment we are using is either new or in line to be replaced. I’m not sure if you have noticed, we even have computers that work with out DOS based programs. The staff is constantly being supported by new positions, with more support in line for the future.

So what is your beef? That Mike didn’t win? That Howey some how screwed Mike? That Mike had a better plan? That the world would be better by hunks like Mike? I’m at a loss because there is no reasoning in your posts. You act like you are a person of personal knowledge of all of these factors any yet you offer no great details other than you first posting “What ever happened to Mike Brown.”

I for one don’t know where Mike is right now. I wish him the best in his endeavors. I also wish and hope that the Highlands County Sheriff’s Office continues to grow and to prosper as we have. If Mike has a better plan I suggest that he use it in 2008 when Sheriff Benton is up for re-election.

If you have nothing else to offer I suggest that you face away and just dream of your man as you wish. Others of us have work to do.

Thank you for your time considering the current situation of the staff of the Highlands County Sheriff’s Office. I hope that you find Mike and wish him well!

Sincerely,

JP

PS: I am not registered with this site but my office is on the second floor of the Sheriff’s Office my direct line is 863-402-7335. If I’m not in please leave a message I will get back with you.

I find it interesting that you wonder about the verification requirements of this site and whether I have been "verified." I can only assume that this site will allow anyone on as you and several presumed friends are able to anonomously enter posts. Insofar as this site will allow anonomous posts, would you not question the credibility of most? BTW, I am 54/29 in case you're interested and do not have a pony in this show. From the post views, though, I see that this topic is among the most viewed.

I will call you next time I'm at the courthouse. Maybe we can get together for lunch.

I was a little disappointed in your response. It's almost like you're a politician with the "spin" you put on the reply. The 54/29 was very impressive though; however 10-4/Signal 20 would probably be more appropriate. I saw your idol the other day and he's about one M&M away from Holy S*#t. Get it straight in 2008 and vote Heather Thomas for Sheriff.

Well, JP has spoken. The one that had a position created for him, do we really have a terrorist threat in Highlands County? Is Osma really looking for us?

As far as bringing the Sheriff's Office ahead with equipment, Sheriff Benton has, but as far as moral, look again. It is lower than it has ever been. The way promotions or transfers are done are worse than they have ever been. The Major has a God complex, and not to mention his sidekicks Curly and Larry (you can figure that one out). The same people that complained about cliques in the old administration have only created new ones. This time it is not the spit cup club its the a**hole club. I am not being pety only telling the truth. If you aren't one of them, the Major (Moe), Captain (Larry-and that really fits), a certain Tac LT (well he is what he is) and the Sergeant (Curly) then you are nothing.

We are tired of the frilly decorations, they keep falling of the walls, the accredidation is a joke, only another way for her to spend money. And oh yea, hiring all her friends, like the chief of staff, who has zero law enforcement experience but is making decisions for the people that protect and serve the citizens of Highlands County, while she is out getting her hair and nails done. Way to go Sheriff! If only the citizens of Highlands County knew the real truth-oh and thanks for the GPS, love the fact we can be trusted with a gun, but not a car-is that so one of your brass can't meet one his many girlfriends while working?

If I only knew then what I know now, Mike would have gotten my vote.

I hear a lot more positive comments, than your side. So maybe its just who you surround your self with. I do enjoy your comedic spin on the admin, it is fairly funny. You must not actually use the GPS in the car though, if you did I think you would appreciate it, I know I do.

Club

Now you just created another club, the "Dumbass Club." Not only are you a client, but you're the founder, jackass :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is addressed to "Employee." I guess you have been elected the morale spokesman, so I will speak to you personally. What basis do you have for such a assanine statement. What is so bad that you feel it necessary to attack people? I know, you were the guy that was never picked for the sand lot football and baseball games. You're the guy that refused to play in the pick up basketball game because you were afraid to take off your shirt if it was a shirt/skins game. Mama and daddy didn't pay you enough attention so you cried to all that listened. How pathetic is that? Muster up some of that self respect that you have been longing for throughout your miserable life and just LEAVE. For once in your life, you'll live up to that potential that we all knew you had spunky. Taking pot shots from the grassy knoll under the cloak of secrecy is self destructive. Stop throwing those bar room sucker punches and hiding under the pool table afterwards. In closing my friend, Merry Christmas Tinman, and hopefully Santa will bring you that heart you have so very wanted all of your life. By the way, being on the computer after midnight (time of your post) has been proven to cause hair growth on your rosey little palms. The fact that you are on the computer at that time (probably looking at little boys too) shows you have no life and probably never will. God Bless.

Hiding Behind a Screen Name

I still do not understand why most of the individuals here hide behind an anonymous screen name?????

Ms. Thomas,

If we used our real names and voiced our real opinions, we would be fired, mistreated and looked at harshly. Heck, even one of the brass (Captain) uses this site, but uses a fake screen name. He won't admit it publicly, but he does.

So the question still remains.....

Is the Highlands County Sheriff's Office better off that Susan beat Mike Brown in the general election?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast