Academy

Thread: Academy

Academy

I am about to go through the police academy at the Saint Petersburg college, and I would like as much advice as possible. What should I expect? It’s my understanding that out of 32 recruits, about 10 drop/fail. Is this mostly because of bad attitudes and lack of physical fitness? Should I get a 19 or a 17 glock firearm? How are the exams each week structured? Are the instructors there to assist, help, and guide the students, or are they known to be unhelpful. Do they do PT at the end of the day, and do all the students take showers (I was told they have showers there, a bit odd?). Where will I be trained to use my firearm? If anyone could answer any of these questions, please do. I would really appreciate ANY advice I can get. Thanks!

The only advice I can give is... I believe that's the academy our great one (THE KING) went to and obviously he did'nt learn anything. Give him a call, I'm quite sure he will tell you how great of an academy it is and how much he learned after all he became a chief. He did learn how to be dishonest and care only about himself and no others. Hey chief, can you advise this potential applicant? Maybe after this person graduates you can hire him/her and he can drive back and forth from St. Pete with a take home car! Then you will have someone in common and swap stories with.

Good Luck in the academy. Ask your questions on a Pinellas County agency board. :wink:

It is a far greater academy than the PHCC academy. You don't need to buy any weapons, they are supplied for your use as part of your tuition. It is true that they have a pretty good failure rate, partly for academics and partly for physical fitness.

At least that is how it used to be about 7 years ago... For future input I would stay away from the Z-hills board they are a bunch of babies, who already have FRS, and take home cars but can't stop crying.

Hey chief, were not whinning about what we had prior to your arrival (FRS, Take Home Vehicles) it's YOU! Do we need to remind you again of the issues? Your like a book, we knew you would respond!!!!

Hope your weekend is going great.

Spend more time with the wife, not the computer! :wink:

what the hell is FRS?

Quote Originally Posted by indaknow
    For future input I would stay away from the Z-hills board they are a bunch of babies, who already have FRS, and take home cars but can't stop crying.
    INDAKNOW SHOULD BE INDAIDIOT, we figure you could come up with some original stuff since you posted it in June.

"Posted: 06/21/06 05:42:34 Post subject:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You ZPD guys are a bunch of cry babies what will it take to stop your crying. You guys have decent pay, FRS, and take home cars and yet you still cry. "

...and FRS is state retirement.