Polk sheriff's deputies shot
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Polk sheriff's deputies shot

LAKELAND -- Two Polk County deputy sheriffs were shot this afternoon in west Lakeland after a routine traffic stop.

The incident began about 11:45 p.m. when a man was stopped for speeding. He gave a false identification and then fled, Polk Sheriff Grady Judd said at a news conference.

During the search of nearby woods, the man shot and wounded two deputies and a dog who were searching for the man, Judd said. Later, he fired at two Lakeland police officers warning people in nearby homes.

Judd would not reveal the conditions of the deputies but vowed that "we will find him. We will bring him to justice."

Authorities cordoned off a section of town and locked down two schools while a SWAT team and other officers searched nearby for assailant, who is only described as a black man with dreadlocks wearing shorts and a T-shirt.

The shooting happened near Kathleen High School off of 10th Street in Lakeland.

The deputies, who were not immediately identified, were taken to Lakeland Regional Medical Center for treatment of their injuries.

Television video footage showed armed police with shields searching woods with traffic backed up on nearby Interstate 4.
    Link to story:
    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/loc ... -headlines

They haven't said how they are, they are in my prayers for sure.

Our prayers are with them as well. May God look over them and their families in these hours of crisis.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Rookie

God bless.

It was just on the news. I deputy and his K9 shot and killed. The othe deputy wounded, expected to recover. My prayers are with you and both of the families.

Brevard County Deputy.

I cried.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit
    My thoughts and prayers are with you all and your families during this time! I extend my deepest sympathies during this time of sorrow. I pray that ya'll are safe while going after this SOB!!! :cry:

Ditto Marie25. This guy also shot at Lakeland Police after having shot these officers. I pray they catch him soon and without anyone else getting hurt or killed. Stay safe everyone, God be with you.

My deepest sympathies and condolences to the PCSO and the families involved. This is so sad... :cry:

I am so sorry for your loss--my family's thoughts are prayers are with you and yours

To the deputies involved and their families you are in our thoughts and prayers . To the officers and deputies still on scene looking for this suspect, BE SAFE Brothers and Sisters, BE SAFE.

Our prayers are with the families of the deputies involved.

Be safe out there.

As we pray for the deputy we lost and the families of those involved, lets also pray for the hundreds of other officers still on the scene hunting down this killer. We have already lost one great deputy lets make sure everyone else comes home safe.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast