WHAT EVER - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WHAT EVER

hiring

If you haven't been selected, don't be discouraged. Many applicants have applied here and weren't selected only to be picked up by TPD, HCSO, or some other agency. One of the problems of a selection process is if you are otherwise qualified, it is all subjective. You may not be hired simply because one of the interviewers didn't like you or they were looking for someone else (minority, officer with experience, officer without experience, etc). If you really want to get on a law enforcement department and you are qualified with no big skeletons in your closet, you need to put in an application with 3-5 different agencies. This includes big and small agencies (from the size of Mulberry to Tampa).

Stop the INSANITY...

1. "Good Ole Boy" network and way of doing business, ie; "Well, some a them there officers left huh? Well, guess we'll hire summore then."

2. Heard your Chief wants to be the next City Manager and is going nowhere any time soon, ie; will probably go to 26 years then take the drop and/or will go as long as he needs to until he is appointed as City Manager. (The powers that be will not hire anyone who will fight them when your Chief is gone.)

3. Heard mechanics in the city make $17.49/hr you're starting, reportedly is $17.39

4. No union help in sight, ie; "At Will Agency"/Black Ball list which leads to the conveyor belt of, "Well, ya know SOP says, "Blah blah blah..." and you've been late 5 times in the last 8 years, I COUNTED! and you said sumthin to that one feller that you shouldn't oughta said...blah blah blah....HAND ME YOUR GUN AND BADGE and bring the rest of your stuff to McDonalds and I'll send some of the fellers over to git it directly..."

5. Heard like between 5-10 of your Officers have apps in at TPD and HCSO on top of guys you've recently lost

As a former PCPD Officer who now works for a large agency...I'd, "Send them fellers a message and bolt IN MASS. GIT WHILE THE GITTIN IS GOOD!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12