confrontation

Thread: confrontation

confrontation

i have a friend of mine who works as a security officer at a new construction site in polk co., dont know the exact location but he is telling me that he had a confrontation with a polk deputy named ,,,, black,,,,,,,, was wondering if anyone had heard anything about this incident, my friends story just doesnt add up, would appreciate any input, as my friend is not going back to the construction site because of this incident.

confrontation

my understanding on this confrontation is that after it was over, approx 30 mins later a black female uniformed sgt came and talked to my friend, he described to her what had occurred and the black female stated that "dep black is a loose cannon", and a little wacky, so this is adding more credibility to my friends story.

confrontation

I know nothing of the confrontation of which you speak, so I can't help you there. However, I know PCSO supervision. It's highly unlikely that a supervisor would have said that. If she did, she'd be subject to disciplinary action. That sort of comment is extremely unprofessional, and it opens up the agency to liability. She would have no business making a comment like that to a civilian. Even if she thought it, she'd keep it to herself. She'd also open an investigation on your friend's complain, to find out if any inappropriate action was committed. Hope that helps a little.

confrontation

i thank you for your very professional response, however , i would like to point out that my friend is an 18yr veteran of the tampa police dept, and was a sgt with tpd, im sure of his statements of what occurred, are correct. my friend hit on hard times and took a security position, however he is a stand up guy, and not subject to exaggerations at all, but i have rechecked with him and he confirms the statements of the black female sgt, i dont know of a dep black, but my friend is very honest and a gentleman, it just was a bizzare situation and i was very concerned, my friend will not return to polk to this assignment and i was very concerned, as my interactions with polk s.o., have been very positive in the past .,

confrontation

I'm not doubting what your friend is telling you. I'm saying that the statements made by the supervisor sound suspicious. Besides, I should have mentioned in my first post, that we don't have any black female sergeants in our patrol division. We have them in corrections, and other areas, but there are none in patrol. Is your friend sure it was Polk County, and not another agency within Polk County?

confrontation

he is sure its polk s.o, not sure of the black female being a sgt, but she did appear to come out to the scene at somones direction, after my friend called in for a supervisor, do you know if you have a dep black, he was dressed in all black that nite, so im sure he was working vice or something.

confrontation

my friends basic question is what was dep black so infuriated about, and never said he was a l.e.o, that is what scarred the hell out of my friend to the point he has told his employers he will not return to polk county, totally out of character for my friend, as i said, he was a former sgt with tpd, stand up guy, who fears nothing , but something scared the hell out of him,,,, after the confrontation, he called for a supervisor, and approx 7 patrol cars came back ,,,,,,,,, along with dep black, and one sgt,,, after telling the sgt he didnt know what made black so mad, the sgt conferred with his troops, came back and said "were calling this one a draw", my friend had no idea what the sgt meant,,,,,,, now my friend has no desire to get into any confrontations with personnel of pcso, he is first scared to death to go back, and secondly would just like to know why dep black was so pisssed off.......... thats basically it.

confrontation

There's a Deputy Black with the id #5073 in the Northwest District PROCAP unit. It's a tactical unit, which would explain the black clothing....if it was him. The other deputies and sergeant were probably his unit. I can't help you anymore than that, which is public information. I can't comment on why Deputy Black was upset, as I don't know him, or what happened with your friend.
    If your friend wishs to carry the issue further, then he has enough information to call in a complaint. If Deputy Black was that upset, there must have been a reason. What could your friend have done, that was so bad, to cause a reaction that would now make him fearful of coming back to Polk County? We are a professional agency. Something about this doesn't sound right. However, with no more information than this, i won't judge it one way or the other.

confrontation

thank you for your very professional reply, my friend has no intention of filing a complaint, hes not the type to do that, he still insists that he was in his truck working as a security guard on a construction site, and dep black came up in his patrol car, exited with gun in hand,,,,,,,,, and according to my friend he was seething, oh well maybe we will never know what the entire facts are, but i do know my friend wont be returning to polk co, that is the part that has me puzzled, as i say he is a former tpd sgt, and a good one, but hey what you gonna do, life goes on, anyway thank you for your info,