Maybe there are some things that certain people need reminding of... First some might be under the impression that the PCSO is a pre-school because they continuously bring their whinny ass attitudes to work. This is a job that should be held with a little respect. The main theme of your day should not be keeping score of how many calls you answered vs. your zone partners. I didn't know that a scoreboard came stock in the squad cars. How immature is it to constantly complain that you just may be answering one more call than another person is... Do your damn job! That's what we pay you for. Secondly maybe we need some retraining for our superiors. I think that it is not proper for you to allow for your inferiors to constantly bicker and cry about their fellow employees, and especially not in front of others. Note to self: remind inferiors that if they have a legitimate complaint about procedures to bring that complaint forward through the proper chain of command. Maybe if you did not allow every one to constantly cry about a particular person all of the time, you just might give the impression that maybe just maybe this is a professional environment for our Deputies to work in. Also maybe everyone needs to be reminded that this is not a tattletale job. You do not get paid to keep a record of exactly what every one else is doing and then run to mommy with your report like a good little boy. I am amazed at the amount of time and resources that is being wasted on such immaturity. Also instead of a superior giving examples of how they can relate to having a "lazy" zone partner, use this opportunity to show a little of your professionalism by informing your inferior that they should not be bad mouthing others. By telling a wonderful little memory of your own and showing how you can sympathize with their problem, you are already judging the person the story is about and at the same time letting others know that this is how that person is with out even knowing any of the facts, your ignorant assumption is the exact opposite response which is required by a man in such a position.
Currently here is how things stand...
Zone partners cannot trust each other. What if they need back up? Likely they would rather go alone than trust their backstabbing partners. If someone loses their life because they can't trust their back up then believe me you will have a SERIOUS problem on your hands, that's a promise. Telling your employees to take a little time and work it out on their own, shows a complete lack of competence on your part. It is the superior's job to fix the problem at this point, especially since your lack of response on this same problem has allowed it to become so far gone. Take some initiative and do your job. I don't think that it is to much to ask for. Also so much animosity is built up that it is bound to blow up at any given time. Deputies are not concentrating on their jobs only the jobs of others. What quality work is getting done? There is a real problem here. It's not just something that can continuously be swept under the rug. Harassment in the work place should not be tolerated.
The solution...
Remind every one of their job titles and what that entails. It all stems from the top and the example that is set. If supervisors allow even one crybaby to tattle tale it will spread. Next thing you know they are sending messages, crying in role call and drawing more and more negativity in. Sound famliar? The problem should have been taken care of from the very beginning and it wouldn't have grown to this point. Stop it now and take care of the problem. Moving people around will not solve the problem either. The cry babies will never be satisfied and move on to another to harass because they are the lazy ones and will always whine if they do anything more than someone else. There in lies your problem.
Sergeants and lieutenants are the ones who should be paying attention to lapses in procedures of deputies. If it is so critical for a deputy to make a complaint about another deputy then do it following the chain of command, and in private. Also keep your opinions to your self. The person you are complaining about has rights too.
What an absolute disgrace this pre-adolescent immaturity has become. You all are foremost a PCSO Deputy serving the people of this county. I Believe it is "To protect and serve" What a joke. You come into our communities and demand respect from others, while the truth is you do not deserve it. Act like you have got some sense and check yourself.
Fix the problem before it becomes bigger...