2 cry babies

Thread: 2 cry babies

2 cry babies

Maybe there are some things that certain people need reminding of... First some might be under the impression that the PCSO is a pre-school because they continuously bring their whinny ass attitudes to work. This is a job that should be held with a little respect. The main theme of your day should not be keeping score of how many calls you answered vs. your zone partners. I didn't know that a scoreboard came stock in the squad cars. How immature is it to constantly complain that you just may be answering one more call than another person is... Do your damn job! That's what we pay you for. Secondly maybe we need some retraining for our superiors. I think that it is not proper for you to allow for your inferiors to constantly bicker and cry about their fellow employees, and especially not in front of others. Note to self: remind inferiors that if they have a legitimate complaint about procedures to bring that complaint forward through the proper chain of command. Maybe if you did not allow every one to constantly cry about a particular person all of the time, you just might give the impression that maybe just maybe this is a professional environment for our Deputies to work in. Also maybe everyone needs to be reminded that this is not a tattletale job. You do not get paid to keep a record of exactly what every one else is doing and then run to mommy with your report like a good little boy. I am amazed at the amount of time and resources that is being wasted on such immaturity. Also instead of a superior giving examples of how they can relate to having a "lazy" zone partner, use this opportunity to show a little of your professionalism by informing your inferior that they should not be bad mouthing others. By telling a wonderful little memory of your own and showing how you can sympathize with their problem, you are already judging the person the story is about and at the same time letting others know that this is how that person is with out even knowing any of the facts, your ignorant assumption is the exact opposite response which is required by a man in such a position.
    Currently here is how things stand...
    Zone partners cannot trust each other. What if they need back up? Likely they would rather go alone than trust their backstabbing partners. If someone loses their life because they can't trust their back up then believe me you will have a SERIOUS problem on your hands, that's a promise. Telling your employees to take a little time and work it out on their own, shows a complete lack of competence on your part. It is the superior's job to fix the problem at this point, especially since your lack of response on this same problem has allowed it to become so far gone. Take some initiative and do your job. I don't think that it is to much to ask for. Also so much animosity is built up that it is bound to blow up at any given time. Deputies are not concentrating on their jobs only the jobs of others. What quality work is getting done? There is a real problem here. It's not just something that can continuously be swept under the rug. Harassment in the work place should not be tolerated.
    The solution...
    Remind every one of their job titles and what that entails. It all stems from the top and the example that is set. If supervisors allow even one crybaby to tattle tale it will spread. Next thing you know they are sending messages, crying in role call and drawing more and more negativity in. Sound famliar? The problem should have been taken care of from the very beginning and it wouldn't have grown to this point. Stop it now and take care of the problem. Moving people around will not solve the problem either. The cry babies will never be satisfied and move on to another to harass because they are the lazy ones and will always whine if they do anything more than someone else. There in lies your problem.
    Sergeants and lieutenants are the ones who should be paying attention to lapses in procedures of deputies. If it is so critical for a deputy to make a complaint about another deputy then do it following the chain of command, and in private. Also keep your opinions to your self. The person you are complaining about has rights too.
    What an absolute disgrace this pre-adolescent immaturity has become. You all are foremost a PCSO Deputy serving the people of this county. I Believe it is "To protect and serve" What a joke. You come into our communities and demand respect from others, while the truth is you do not deserve it. Act like you have got some sense and check yourself.
    Fix the problem before it becomes bigger...

Cry Babies??

What the hell are you talking about?? It's hard to comment or show support if we have no idea what the hell you said.

Sounds like he/she is saying that PCSO has no lazy deputies, just whiners. Having done some time in Central and on the Ridge I can say that there certainly were lazy deputies in both districts. Guys and gals who thought that since "they put their time in" they didn't have to take any lima calls, but were 10-8 as hell for those S22N and S74 calls.

(BIG YAWN) Everytime I read posts like this, I always have the same thought. Here is another bozo who won't or doesn't do his job and instead tries to blast his dept and/or shift. Hmmmm....do you see anything wrong with this picture?

Certainly this job is worthy of respect. But like other things, respect must be EARNED. It is rather hard to earn respect when you are constantly leaving your zone partners with the bulk of the lima calls. It's not "one more call" as you stated, it's twice the lima calls during any given month. Check the stats bro.

You mentioned "just do your job". Last time I checked, part of our job responsibility is to work calls that require a written report. Dodging lima calls and leaving your zone partner to answer the bulk of them is not being courteous or professional. Is is really a coincidence that all of your zone partners end up with twice as many lima calls as you do month after month? That in itself, would cause harsh feelings. I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable leaving another person to work more lima calls than I could.

Yes, I would agree that trust is important in our jobs. I know that no matter how I personally feel about certain people, I would never let that interfere with any officer's safety. Ever. I hope that you would also rise to the occasion if needed.

I'm saddened that instead of realizing there was a legitimate concern with work ethics, you have decided to name call and point fingers instead. Maybe the time spent on typing out your post would have been better spent in reflection on the issues to be addressed.

crybaby

Well, at least we dont spend all of our time crying to others about all of the female troopers and female pcso d/s that have dumped us, do we? Besides you hate more people than the shift even knows!!!

Maybe I misread it but from what it sounds like to me an important point has been made. It sounds like this person is trying to remind us that we shouldn't be fighting with each other and need to lay off trying to be every one else's boss. I think that there is a real lack of respect for each other. Instead of seeing that in [u]HER[/u] response we immediately begin attacking some other person again with the harsh names and crude comments. We need to have respect for our fellow workers and have each others backs and leave our personal opinions at home. I know it is hard but it is required in our line of work. When we are out on the streets sometimes we are all we got.

Maybe I misread it but from what it sounds like to me an important point has been made. It sounds like this person is trying to remind us that we shouldn't be fighting with each other and need to lay off trying to be every one else's boss. I think that there is a real lack of respect for each other. Instead of seeing that in [u]HER[/u] response we immediately begin attacking some other person again with the harsh names and crude comments. We need to have respect for our fellow workers and have each others backs and leave our personal opinions at home. I know it is hard but it is required in our line of work. When we are out on the streets sometimes we are all we got.

2 crybabies

If you did a lima once in awhile, you wouldn't have any trouble understanding what guest54 wrote. It just takes a little intelligence, and familiarity with the english language. And he/she is right about a few things. If we spent less time worrying about what everybody else is or isn't doing, and just did our jobs...all of us...then nobody would be "overworked". It's all a matter of sharing the load, and being fair with your sector partners. All it takes is one or two slugs to make it hard on the entire shift. That is what leads to the "whining", bad attitudes, and low morale.

I also agree with him/her on the issue of supervisors taking responsibility for some of this problem. I don't whine about the slugs I have to work with. I simply make their lives miserable. I let them know, to their faces, that they are slackers. It's about accountability, and EARNING the good money we get paid. As for the supervisors, they DON'T do what they should to stop the decline in shift morale. At least in the district where I work, they do nothing! Oh, they listen to the whiners, but do nothing else.

As supervisors, it's their job to insure smooth sailing, and a healthy, functioning shift. However, they don't want to be bothered. They want to sit at the office, drinking coffee, or go someplace and hide, so they won't be bothered. They pay no attention to what their people are doing, unless it's something they may have to write a memo on. All you have to do is listen to the radio, and watch the computer screen to see who is doing the work, and who is making themselves LOOK like they are working. The same people do the bulk of the lima calls, while the same people do the bulb of the warrants checks, the 1017's, the s74's, and anything else that keeps them 1007, but not really doing anything. Oh!! And one of my favorites...going "1050" on a vehicle that has been sitting on the side of the road for 3 days. That's a good one! It shows up as a 1050 on your stats at the end of the month, but is actually nothing. And you really smart ones will do an FIR on it...another empty stat. But it's a STAT, right guys?!

There's the s35 kings too. They are great for staying 1007 on bogus crap, while someone else is getting hammered with calls. All a decent supervisor has to do is pay attention to these activities, and address the situations with the people who are jamming up their sector partners. But they don't. They let it slide, rather than do what they are paid to do...supervise. The whiners are usually the ones who are the worst offenders of this. What would happen if a supervisor actually said "shut up and do your job. Don't worry about what so-and-so is doing, worry about what you're doing"? That would take care of 90% of this problem. But they don't have the guts to do what needs to be done. It might require a little work on their part, and we sure wouldn't want that!

Attitude flows downhill, and supervisors are the point where this shows up the most. If the supervisors are alert and attentive to their shift, the shift generally has a good work ethic. If the supervisors can't be bothered to get involved, then the shift developes a bad attitude, and the job suffers. None of us kills ourselves out here. But if EVERYONE pulled their weight, no one would get screwed. Supervisors need to step up to the plate, and do what they get paid to do, control the mechanics of their shifts. If they do that, you'll see a big difference. The crybabies won't have anyone to cry to, and they might actually get some work done.

You want an example of poor supervision? How many of you have been working on a short shift the last couple of weeks, because you had people who needed to take off their holiday time, or lose it? Every year, this happens. You can't convince me that it's just an oversight on the part of the deputies. They don't care that they are screwing their shift by "having" to take the time off. They're happy that they can take a forced vacation. I know of 2 deputies on the same shift who took off out of state for the 2-weeks they had left. Plane tickets and all. You can't tell me that they didn't plan it, knowing that supervisors would refuse the time off due to not having enough people to work. One of them took a month of vacation leave in July, but didn't use any holiday time. Maybe because that person knew you can accrue vacation time, but you have to use holiday time? So he gets another "vacation" in September. That shift is working with 5 people this month, because of all the holiday time burners. If the supervisors address the holiday time, starting in May or June, you wouldn't be working short-shifted now. Since your partners obviously don't look out for the shift, the supervisors need to. Things won't improve until supervision improves.