Tasers

Thread: Tasers

Tasers

According to Taser International, Taser devices are currently used by more than 9,100 law enforcement, correctional and military agencies in 43 countries.

Why does it take our department to reinvent the wheel and "study their effectiveness"? :roll:

Taser

My Agency started using the Taser a couple of years ago. We have changed our General Orders several times as needed to make sure the troops are not going to abuse the usage. We did studies, and trials, and finally got them issued to the road deputies.
    The Taser is a wonderful tool to have at our side. It is lower on our use of force matrix, lower than the asp or baton, and it's really fun to see the perps "RIDE THE LIGHTNING".
    Hopefully your Dept will approve the use of them after their evaluation.
    Good luck, and Stay safe.

Taser

Well, hello my friends!!!! Before I get to Tasers I have to send my deepest sympathy to my friend Joe D. Sorry I couldn't be there but you and your family have my thoughts and prayers!!!!!
    Now, Tasers, those that know me well know that I'm a Deputy in Florida. I have a Taser issued to me. They are a tremendous tool. I have only used mine once, however witnessed their use maybe a dozen times. They work on drunks, drugs etc.. Its true, here they are on the use of force matrix less than the asp. My agency has policies in place to identify any misuse of the Taser and those policies are not restrictive. Pretty much if you tell someone they are under arrest put your hands behind your back and they fail to comply, you can deploy your Taser!! and I did!!!! I think a way for you guy's to approach the County is in the amount of $$$$ saved in workers comp claims, loss time from work etc. With the County you'll have to talk dollars and cents not safety... Good Luck Best Wishes and always Stay Safe!!!!!! Chip K.