Need Changes:

Thread: Need Changes:

Need Changes:

I think we need a union. Can we start a union and not be part of the Polk County chapter. We are Hillsborough County Cops and should be treated like Hillsborough County Cops. We do not call Polk County when we need K-9 and Air support. So why does our try to compare us with Polk County. I love our department and thinks we could be great, but we need changes and need them fast. Everyday we wait everyday more people put their apps in with TPD and HCSO. Further more on our union being with HCSO and TPD, People are not leaving and going to LCP or Polk. People go with TPD and HCSO. Go figure..

The PBA is the ones wanting to put PCPD with Polk. You need to check FOP with my experience FOP allows the members more rights. Just look at the post on HCSO reference PBA not being very responsive once they get in.

FOP now.

As for a former PBA member and now an FOP member, go with FOP. PBA is about getting you in and collecting your dues. They abandoned us once we joined. "just send us the dues"

Call Paul Nofske with FOP he organizes and he'll shoot you straight.

actually its Noeske the F key got in the way.

call them you wont be sorry, we are now compensated properly and working conditions are good

you guys have already proven that you will fold with a few empty promises and a few transfers. We will never get a union until we grow a back bone. Alot of good cops, some fired, some quit, would still be here if we had one. Think about it, the minute it is discovered, he will go on defense and scare you guys into abandoning the whole thing

dont do the PBA they only want your dues so they can meet in exotic locations. they abandon you once you are paying their dues.

FOP was much better. you'll have to weather the storm but you'll be happy you did.

Check the financials for PAC funds distributed IN STATE to local politicians. That's (unfortunately) where the union with any power will be and that will be overwhelmingly...when you check the PBA. Anyone can argue a good fight. You need $$$ on your side in local polictics to have success. PBA understands the LOCAL game much better than FOP. I belong to both but trust the PBA for political power in a local and state arena over the FOP. It's no DIS on FOP. Just the facts mamm