Carbines?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carbines?

Carbines?

I read some info that indicated USF PD was attempting to procure some surplus rifles from DOD.

What's the status on that?

I would like to see where you "read" that, considering NOTHING has been published anywhere.

bs postings

I think people just pull sh it out of their ass and post it on here

I'm the original poster.

If the question seems out of line, then someone should talk to this organization: A.T.A.C. Systems.

The question is based on information posted on A.T.A.C. Systems website at http://www.atacguns.com/atacsystems/html/photo5.htm:
    The University Of South Florida Police takes delivery of SIMAIR "SIG Type" P229 and Olympic Arms M16A3 for Departmental Training. ATACSYSTEMS SIMAIR weapons where chosen to replace the current primer powered "Simulated munitions" system. They plan on using these training weapons for their in-service, tactical and firearms qualifications and remediation training. The SIMAIR Weapons they selected best mirrored their issue weapons to include the SIGARMS P229 and M16 they received from the Department of Homeland Security. * (emphasis added)
    I apologize for citing DOD in the original post. I was working from memory.

So anyhow... what's the status of the "M16... received from Department of Homeland Security"?

Or, does A.T.A.C. Systems have a credibility problem?

bttp

Anyone? Any further comments?

I think the person who said "I think people just pull shit out of their ass and post it on here" stuck his foot in his mouth and owes you an apology. Doubt he will though. Sorry you got such a childish response. Anonymity brings out the worst in some people. I believe we did get a shipment of the M16'S, but I don't think were going to use them. I think they are too old and it would cost too much to get them current. But we are looking at getting some type of semi auto rifles to carry in our trunks in the future.

Thanks for the info.

Every agency/department should have rifle caliber carbines in the patrol cars - along with proper training for each officer.

Anything less nowadays is just ignoring the obvious.

you guys use m16's against a guy who have overdue books from the library? what elese would you have to do, except run around after errant kegs left in the roadway

lol when a murder takes place on campus, and you are surrounded by high crime neighborhoods i must say more firepower is better.

He's right,,tha hood be right across tha street dizog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast