what's the problem

what's the problem

Is it just me, or is it getting worse around here?

its just you, things have been getting worse for the past few years. What do think the main problem(s) is.

where you one start, there are so many

Where would you want someone to start, lets see:
    * there's the inconsistent and constantly changing approach to promotion and transfers
    * there's the, it depends on who you are and how well we like you approach, to how complaints and discipline are handled
    * there's the lack of accountablilty for the admisitration from the Chief down for their mistakes and failure to supervise that went unadressed and covered up a few years ago
    * the never ending change or failure to follow established policy unless it fits the administrations needs

Thats a few, I can think of. What needs to change? Hmmm, that's a hard one:
    * the chief needs to be fired or retire so a new competent (outside the department) expierenced administrator can come in and make some changes
    * oh, the rest of the command staff needs to go with him, the only competent one has already left

You asked

AMEN!

thats most of it, but there's more.

ok, well what's the solution? who would you suggest to replace chief? what other people need to be replaced? if you don't have answers don't b**ch.

fixing the problems

1. I dont believe the chief knows everything that happens below him. There is no way he can keep the business part of the department operating and keep up with all the problems below him.
    2. I believe we have sgt. , LT., and capt. that don't give the chief all of the facts. There are some good new Sgt. who has a back bone and will stand up for the believes of direction the department should go. Now all the rest of the rest are old timers and are yes mans.

How can the department grow if the chief never gets any challenges or golds to set from our ideas. If the message is never delivered to him . How can he know what we are thinking.

Most of the Capt. are on their way out. Why would they want to give the chief an idea that may generate work for them to do.

The LTs. have moved up the chain because they couldn't be a police officer on the street. If they were not promoted they would have been a liability or fired.

When we bring things up in the EAB meeting and the chief is not there. The response of our ideas or concerns are negative and shot down. The capt. who is operating the meeting is nagative, old timer and working on borrowed time.

Saying all that if you want to change something or have a concern directed a MEMO up the chain to the chief. He also has the open door policy we can use in the correct manner.

Don't blame all our problems we are having on the chief. I think he is "snow balled" alot by his brass.

you are completely correct but have horrible grammar and spelling skills

grammer

This page is not tested for our grammer and writing skills. We should not be so neg. toward someone who is trying to be heard or make a difference. The problem with the department is everyone is so darn negative. Lets stop, being negative to our co-workers. Without the union, all we can do is fight this together.