Insurance Hike!!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

[Then Go...Shut up and stop whining]

You're an a$$. The point is the insurance is not just the officers problem, it's all the city workers problem. It effects everyone.

They should have voted Union years ago. Maybe they will re-think that issue now. [/quote]

This is an idea! This is such a bad job and the City treats us so bad that we all quit. The City residents already pay for law enforcement with their County Tax so the Sheriff's Office can do it and the residents can save money.

You know guys yes we get angry at management and at the City sometimes but its not that bad is it? Com'on now is it really that bad? Be honest.
    If you say it is really that bad then you need to find a better place and move on.
    I for one am going to try to work with the Union and see what happens. Its way too early and I don't know ALL the facts yet so lets work together to make this a better place or just leave. I am sick of all the negative people who think this is a bad PD or City cause it is NOT.

You have not been here long enough, it is evident in your workds. I would be surprised if you live in a home and not an apartment and if you have a family. Strive for nothing and you will get nothing. And I for one have applied at a different agency yesterday, this place sucks.

So glad you are leaving. But leave soon--please!!!!!!

I agree he needs to leave now. The grass is always greener on the other side. Some departments may be better but some are a lot worse.

You are right some are worse. I would thinks that anyone that leaves here would know what to look for and not get into the same enviornment. We are not the worst but we are seriously broken.

Our agency is not broken... the agency is fine. The city itself does not support the agency. They are ones that provide the funds/benefits. That is where the problem is at.

If you really think our agency is "seriously broken" you need to leave also.
    My God remember about 4 years ago? We have made so many improvements with Poston and the new Chief. Yes more needs to be done but 4 plus years ago this place was the worst and that is a fact to all who were here. Its like heaven compared to the old days of no equipment, low low pay and remember the Mayor before Poston saying if we wanted to make money we should be brain surgeons?
    Yes we have some more improvements to make but this place is so much better than years past. I lived through it .

I lived through it also, we have made some improvements I agree. We also have not made head way in the areas of most concearn. Pay, Benefits, and man power. These are all financial issue and the city will not address them. It is no different under the old regime. Yes the old guy said stupid things but at least you knew where he stood. This one say;s nothing and does things behind your back,ex. the new insurance fiasco. Don't give him too much credit he is no better.

Are you kidding me. I agree with the guy who said its much better now then the Mayor E years. Someone has a real short memory. Back then we had no money for training equipment or pay. We have bargained good increases with Poston get good equipment and finally get to go to outside training. I can't believe you that you say you lived through it with us. I remember big time Big E would never have given us those type of increases.

We had like 105 guys when big E left. and now we got 122 with 4 more in October. That is ancrease of 21 -- 3 new officer per year under Poston. We could have never, never, never gotten that under big E.
    So you say its the same? You can't possible remember what it was like.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast