NASRO

Thread: NASRO

Junior Member LEO Affairs Rookie

NASRO

The first day was excellent. We heard from the mother of Natalee Holloway, (Aruba disappearence) who has a website everyone needs to visit before going outside the US. It's at safetravelsfoundation.org . We also heard from Coach Dennis Parker who has a great message about what coaching is really about. Hope to see many of you next week at FASRO, if you have any questions about what happened out here feel free to ask. My name is Mitch Wilkins and I am with Tampa P.D.

Unhappy Camper

Well, our agency sent only two of us, but I have to say, this conference was a disappointment from others I have been to. What the heck happened to NASRO? I heard their former President from Kansas resigned after he gave a bunch of NASRO money to his sons baseball team and used nasro money in strip clubs? May be why the conference giveaways were so cheap. What happended to the all night receptions? The hotel they picked was nice, but far too expensive for cops. I like seeing all the guys each year, but this year was really a disappointment.

There have been better

I agree, mostly. After the 1st day the keynote speakers left a lot to be desired. Most of the classes I attended were very good as usual but, I heard a few speaker did not even show up. As far as the resort, it was spectacular. At $91 a night it was a bargain, you just had to go else where to eat. They had the receptions along with the exhibit hall. The money spent on the baseball team and strip clubs was several years ago under the past management. I guess it will take the new guy's a little time to get it all together. I still look forward to next year at Disney.

Sorry

Well, I think our department and NASRO are done. I still like seeing the guys, but my chief said he met other chiefs who said they have become a dare america. One of our guys went to Las Vegas to the School Safety Council's conference and said it was GREAT! They are back in Vegas again next year. My bags are packed!

Staying with them

Other than the speakers on Wednesday and Friday, I enjoyed the classes offered and the speakers on Monday. With NASRO in our own backyard next year (Disney), I think I will stay with them.