Shooting of innocent man following terrorist attacks

Shooting of innocent man following terrorist attacks

Following the tube bombings in London 12 months ago, observations were kept on more suspects, somewhere on the line bad information was passed to a firearms team from the Metropolitan Police and orders were issued to prevent a suspect suicide bomber, who had left the area under observations, from reaching the underground system.
    Armed officers fearing that they were facing a deadly and prepared foe, eventually used dealy force to prevent what they thought to be a bomber. Sadly the information was inncorrect and an innocent Brazilian man was shot dead, his only crime was that his visa had expired sometime earlier.
    The inquiry was stated that no one will face trial for the shooting, a result that is only right, as the officers involved were acting on what they believed to be good information, and in the circumstances took the only action reasonable given the circumstances. Our hearts go out to the family, but we stand behind our officers.

tube bombing

we, in florida ,are also sorry for the loss of life but very supportive of your department's actions and the officers involved! you guys are far from an aggressive/radical dept.!!!!
    i rode with the metropolitan p.d. in 1995 and all of the men and women i met were professional and very conscientious/public relations minded!!!!!

i am a cop/police officer in miami and have served their for 25yrs... i have been in a few hairy/gun situations and its a split second decision! none of us relishes that situation and in this case,with the info provided and the terrorist situations,it was the right choice!!!!!!!!!!!!

please send my well wishes and profound empathy to the constables involved!!
    keep up the good work and dont hesitate cause the terrorists who hate the west will never stop!!!!!
    congrats to your scotland yard too

shooting

as the previous post stated,thanks for your continued vigilance and assistance to all democracies!!!!!

the uk with a strong prime minister like tony blair will continue to be effective!!!!!!!!!!!! please dont let the liberals take over your country.. look what has happened to ours,the usa!

Re: shooting

Quote Originally Posted by guest123
    as the previous post stated,thanks for your continued vigilance and assistance to all democracies!!!!!

the uk with a strong prime minister like tony blair will continue to be effective!!!!!!!!!!!! please dont let the liberals take over your country.. look what has happened to ours,the usa!
    Please don't pollute our boards with your ignorance. Thank you!