FHP Back at it again / Petta Cited - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Come on Fella's (Not you Purple writing) women. Let's bag a Trooper by the end of this weekend. Im sure their is a signal 01 trooper out there to bag!!!

I have a Question for Mr. Purple.... As a Leo you risk your life everyday to protect the rights of others (I.E chasing a S-10). Now if a citizen had ran that light and cuased a S-4 yes he would have been cited by FHP, as he should be, but a Mso Deputy running T-18 after a s-10 is not just violating a F.S.S for the fun of it, he has a felony vehicle fleeing him, so I think in this case something every cop learns in FTO at some point called Officer Discreation should have been used by the trooper. I think you are sending the wrong message to the public here, you are saying that all Law enforcement officer should not pursue the criminals becuase if they do they will buy days off for it. Now I realize that had the Deputy followed the PGO the incident might not have occured, but how many FHP troopers or Deputy's follow every single PGO while that type of aderniline(SP) is pumping through their veins. Besides the Citizen was compensated for his lose, and stated that he may even sew the Sheriffs Office for further injuries...hmmmmmmm.. sounds like Mr. Citizen is just trying to make a few bucks at a Leo's expense, and now FHP as just given him the ammo he needs WOW !!! I dont think we should fight with each other over stuff like this, but why cant people make some common sense decisions about simple issues like this. I am prepared to here someone slam me for this post but so be it.

Bradenton Police Officer

Dude learn some grammar!

see I expected that type of response

What FSS covers Officer Discreation?

Before everyone starts condemning the FHP Trooper for doing their job as directed to do, get the file and see all the facts. The most important fact was Petta's speed. From what I was told about the speed at the time of the crash and I'm not going to give out his speed on this board (pulled from the black box) but it was VERY excessive. The other driver had the green and never heard the siren because Petta was "overdriving his siren". The other driver was lucky he or she didn't enter the intersection 1 second sooner. If he/she did then they may have been t-boned by Petta. Then FHP most likely would have been working a THI.

As much as we all want to do our jobs, we have to restrain ourselves. We all take risks in doing our jobs well, but we cannot be reckless with our actions. Remember your family and mine drive these roads everyday.

Every one restrain yourselves when you do the job. The public could care less about you so let that be your guide. The only people worth going the extra yard for is your family. Let the bad guy go. No one cares. Oh, unless they are the victim; that changes the rules.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant
    Quote Originally Posted by curious
    I have a Question for Mr. Purple.... As a Leo you risk your life everyday to protect the rights of others (I.E chasing a S-10). Now if a citizen had ran that light and cuased a S-4 yes he would have been cited by FHP, as he should be, but a Mso Deputy running T-18 after a s-10 is not just violating a F.S.S for the fun of it, he has a felony vehicle fleeing him, so I think in this case something every cop learns in FTO at some point called Officer Discreation should have been used by the trooper. I think you are sending the wrong message to the public here, you are saying that all Law enforcement officer should not pursue the criminals becuase if they do they will buy days off for it. Now I realize that had the Deputy followed the PGO the incident might not have occured, but how many FHP troopers or Deputy's follow every single PGO while that type of aderniline(SP) is pumping through their veins. Besides the Citizen was compensated for his lose, and stated that he may even sew the Sheriffs Office for further injuries...hmmmmmmm.. sounds like Mr. Citizen is just trying to make a few bucks at a Leo's expense, and now FHP as just given him the ammo he needs WOW !!! I dont think we should fight with each other over stuff like this, but why cant people make some common sense decisions about simple issues like this. I am prepared to here someone slam me for this post but so be it.

Bradenton Police Officer
    Ummm, I'll answer your question. I think your question was "How many Deputies and Troopers follow their General Orders?" If that is correct, I would say it's the one's that aren't buying time off. Now to comment on your asinine post. You said that you think I'm sending the wrong message here by pointing out obvious mistakes that were made in this incident. You said that the LEO was risking his life running in pursuit mode to catch a piece of property, that more than likely was covered under insurance(and if it wasn't, shame on the owner). Well, while this LEO was running in pursuit mode, he still had the obligation of protecting the rights of others, as you so pointedly stated above. Then you stated that the Trooper should have used "Officer Discretion" when he wrote that Deputy a citation. Now I wonder what discretion the LEO in pursuit used. You seem to think that the citizen put himself into the "crash" so he could sue MCSO. Now if that isn't hard to beleive, I don't know what is. What I can tell you though is this, had that have been my family member involved in that crash and injuries occurred, you bet your ass that I would sue! Reckless endangerment is no joke!
    Some people think they are being "picked on" when reality smacks them in the face. If reality is kicking your arse, ask yourself "WHY", don't sit back and cry about it!

"Reckless endangerment is no joke!"

Exactly I see Ctfuuu is still working!!

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradenton Police Officer
    "Reckless endangerment is no joke!"

Exactly I see Ctfuuu is still working!!
    and your point is?
    Some people think they are being "picked on" when reality smacks them in the face. If reality is kicking your arse, ask yourself "WHY", don't sit back and cry about it!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast