Citizen ownership of handguns in New York State

Citizen ownership of handguns in New York State

I just read that it is illegal for a citizen to own or to possess unregistered handguns in the State of New York. Is that true? Is that constitutional?

Source:
    • In New York State it is a criminal offense, punishable by a year in jail and a $1000 fine, to possess a privately-owned handgun in your residence or on your person unless you have been issued a New York State pistol permit. The only exception is for unloaded antique and replica muzzle-loading pistols and cap-and-ball revolvers.
    Yikes!!! :shock:

Handguns

No, you can't and yes it is.

Re: Citizen ownership of handguns in New York State

Quote Originally Posted by Q & A
    I just read that it is illegal for a citizen to own or to possess unregistered handguns in the State of New York. Is that true?

Just like in Cuba................

Quote Originally Posted by Q & A
    I just read that it is illegal for a citizen to own or to possess unregistered handguns in the State of New York. Is that true? Is that constitutional?

Source:
    • In New York State it is a criminal offense, punishable by a year in jail and a $1000 fine, to possess a privately-owned handgun in your residence or on your person unless you have been issued a New York State pistol permit. The only exception is for unloaded antique and replica muzzle-loading pistols and cap-and-ball revolvers.
    Yikes!!! :shock:
    Communist, bleeding heart liberal state!

[quote=Shame.........]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Q & A":28l07nd4
    I just read that it is illegal for a citizen to own or to possess unregistered handguns in the State of New York. Is that true?

Just like in Cuba................[/quote:28l07nd4]You democrats in that $hitty state are all losers.

Only the criminals can have guns in NY. Typical liberal dogma. If the disarming of the populace is meant to reduce crime,why is NYC riddled with crime and homicides are up,,?? Lots ill conceived liberal thinking.