PSLPD,FPPD or SLCSO?

PSLPD,FPPD or SLCSO?

I'm a leo interested in the area because I have family in SLW. What are the pro's and con's to all? PSLPD pays well for experience. Both cities seem to be annexing everything so what does the county cover. Most of the population seems to be in PSL and Ft.Pierce. Any info would be great i.e slaries, benefits, take homes, off duty etc.. Thanks and b safe

information

I can give you some basic information. Right now, a little south of Midway, north to NA1A, west up to 33rd and orange. We will be going as far north as St Lucie Blvd. As far as salaries, you might try the web site for Fort Pierce Police.

Thank You, so far PSL , i'm impressed.

Psl and the county both pay well. Psl does not have take home cars until you become pretty far senior. County and fppd have take home vehicles after your probationary period. both cities continue to annex and expand. who knows where that will eventually lead but maybe a combination of the three.

Psl is more strict with their people then the other two agencies. Fppd is a good place to work with lots of good people. county is the same way. in short: like to get paid and not do much and play politics heavy go psl...like to work hard and have more then enough to do but pay is not the only reason for the job go fppd...county is a combo pack LOL

employment

Come further south to Palm beach county Sheriffs Office,
    starting back is going up to 41,000 more if you have expierence. You will have a take home that you are allowed to drive home to St. Lucie County after you get out of training, alot of Deputies with PBSO are living in St Lucie and work in Palm beach County. Benefits are excellent, good place to be.
    Port Saint Lucie P.D. is very political, Ft Pierce is well...alot of expierence but pay is crap and so is the cars, and St. Lucie County S.O. is god except I think they are still making you go into corrections first before going to the road.

Are you kidding me?? PBSO allows their deputies to drive take home cars 2 counties north? That;s almost unheard of, especially with gas prices the way they are. And here I thought Martin County was a good deal seeing you could take them 10 miles out of county.

For the take home car we pay $22.50 a pay day.
    out of county the car is for to and from only...
    But hey if you have a unmarked roll the dice!!!
    In county you can use it as a second vehicle or with a unmarked why even have a car...
    You can take you family and go to lowes!
    They try and get you a car right out of FTO you have to live in one of the counties that touch Palm Beach except For STL
    We have guys start out liveing in broward and move to STL

Broward Sheriff's Office

Hey guys.....As you guys are aware, last week Ken Jenne the former Sheriff resigned and was indicted. A day later, Jenne's second in charge resigned/retired.....A WORD OF WARNING...RUMOR HAS IT THAT THIS GUYS IS HEADING TO YOUR AREA IN AN EFFORT TO GET A JOB....PRIOR TO COMING TO BROWARD SHERIFF'S OFFICE HE WORKED IN ST. LUCIE....THIS GUY WILL BE A PROBLEM FOR YOU.....HE'S STILL NOT OUT OF THE WOODS IN TERMS OF BEING INVESTIGATED.

Ignore this fool Perception. You would be fortunate to get J. A.