the real deal

Thread: the real deal

the real deal

I'm currently an officer in Florida and am looking at getting on with a department around the Dallas area. What's the real deal with Dallas PD? I'd like to hear from some officers and see what you guys think about it. Should I apply with you guys or look elsewhere?

I went there for the weekend June testing and I was so impressed. I have been a police officer in the Tampa region for about 6 years and still work here now. They are a squared away agency and I am excited to get out there and start working. The area is great....the cost of living is great....from what I saw it is the real deal. Good money and good folks. I know I am looking foward to make the jump and move.

I would not apply at Dallas! They are a huge departemnt with numerous scandals and integrity issues within the department. Granted they do get abused by the media quite often. I would look into Plano, Garland, Arlington, Mesquite, and other surrounding agencies. Do your research before you move. Also, as a Florida Certified PO you can challenge the TCLEOSE exam and not be requirdd to attend another academy. With Dallas, FT Worth, Waco and a few others you will have to go through another academy. Good Luck!

Can anyone tell me anything about the Lubbock Police Department?