Useless Agency - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Useless Agency

PERSONALLY,I APPRECIATE THE WORK THAT THIS AGENCY DOES. I AM NOT EMPLOYED BY THEM, HOWEVER I DID HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO WORK WITH THEM WHEN THEY ASSISTED DURING LAST YEARS HURRICANES. I HAD NEVER PAID MUCH ATTENTION TO THEM AND REALLY HAD NO IDEA OF THE SCOPE OF THEIR RESPONSIBILITIES, WHICH I ASSURE ARE QUITE BROAD.
    YES, THERE ARE OTHER AGENCIES THAT COULD DO THE WORK THAT THEY DO, HOWEVER, IF YOU WORK IN LAW ENFORCEMENT AT ALL YOU KNOW THAT SERVICES ARE SPREAD THIN THESE DAYS AND POLITICAL ISSUES CLOUD LINES. IF THEY WERE DISSOLVED OR MERGED WITH ANOTHER SECTOR WOULD YOU STILL HAVE THE SAME DEGREE OF SERVICES READILLY AVAILABLE? OR THE AMOUNT OF DIVERSIFIED TRAINING THAT THESE GUYS HAVE? WOULD IT BE THERE FOR THEM STILL?
    I THINK THESE GUYS AND GIRLS DO AN EXCELLENT JOB AND HAVE MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES FOR PROTECTION IN MANY ASPECTS FOR THE STATE OF FLORIDA IN GENERAL. THEY ARE THE MOST PROFESSIONAL GROUP OF PEOPLE THAT I HAVE EVER HAD THE PLEASURE OF MEETING AND BECAUSE OF THERE ABILITY TO BE SO DIVERSE THEY WERE ABLE TO MEET THE NEEDS OF THE PUBLIC AND THE AGENCIES THEY WERE ASSISTING IN SO MANY WAYS, IT WAS NICE TO HAVE A POINT OF ASSISTANCE THAT HAD READY INFORMATION AND RESOURCES WITHOUT AN "I"LL HAVE TO GET BACK WITH YOU ON THAT."
    I LOUDLY APPLAUD AND PRAISE YOU GUYS EVERY OPPORTUNITY THAT ARISES AND ALTHOUGH I DO NOT WISH FOR ANOTHER HURRICANE I LOOK FORWARD TO WORKING WITH ANY OF YOU ANYTIME THE SITUATION MERITS YOUR PRESENCE!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Took your advice and read the cc and sc boards. They didn't look as bad to me as they apparently do to you. But for arguments sake let's say they were. It proves my point. Sheriff's are elected and have enormous power, and power corrupts. It's like meth. They get addicted to it and it warps their values and judgment. Now consider our former three term small county sheriff whose political friends got him put in charge of our division. What a rush that must been. He hasn't come back to earth yet.
    Did you read Sarasota comments that the Sheriff is a drunk, the Chief Deputy is a sexual abuser, the Acting Major has a strange relationship with the Chief Deputy? That morale is low, that they are very understaffed, that there is no recognition for doing a good job? That the educational requirement was lowered to get the Chief Deputy's son hired? And on and on and on?

Did you read Charlotte County posts that the Sheriff and Chief Deputy are incompetent? That they turn on their own staff for press opportunities? THAT MORALE IS BOTTOMED OUT?

I don't know what you were reading, but employees on both of these boards are crying out for help. You think DEP is worse off? Give me a break!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Took your advice and read the cc and sc boards. They didn't look as bad to me as they apparently do to you. But for arguments sake let's say they were. It proves my point. Sheriff's are elected and have enormous power, and power corrupts. It's like meth. They get addicted to it and it warps their values and judgment. Now consider our former three term small county sheriff whose political friends got him put in charge of our division. What a rush that must been. He hasn't come back to earth yet.
    If you really want to get the blues, go to the Florida Dept of Corrections site, and read what Correctional Probation Officers have to say.

Lurker –

If you work here you ought to know that accusations of alcohol abuse, marital infidelity, questionable sexual behavior and the hiring of personal friends or relatives are no strangers to our upper crust. The morale problem goes without saying. We ought to be focusing our attention on our problems. Not Charlotte or Sarasota’s.

This guy stirring the pot has also been on many other sites trying the same thing,,, don't feed into his trick's... He's one of those that did not pass the test. the kind that put three antenna's on there p.o.v.'s to make them look important..

just a jerk,,,,jerking you guys

Sounds like you know the guy. What's his name? What other sites has he been on? What test did he not pass? What kind of car did he put all those antennas on? You try to make fun of him, but you don't refute anything he says. Who's really the one trying to jerk us around?

If you think you know who I am, please post my name. Like I stated, I'm a concerned tax paying citizen. I've read all of the replies to my question, yet nobody has explained to me why D.E.P. Officers are enforcing traffic on City Streets! (No, I didn't receive a ticket from one of you guys). With the enormous amount of Environmental Crime that occurs on a daily basis and if you guys are stretch as thin as you claim, then how do any of you have time to ride around in a boat or bicycles? Again just curious! For the record I am a former Police Officer, however I now own my own Businesses, so I do write with a little validity!!

I bet their is a good reason why hes a "former" LEO.

Your right Floridaleo there is. Its called $250,000 a year. If you paid Uncle Sam over $40,000 a year in personal income tax, then you would understand my concerns. When you do come back and repost!

Quote Originally Posted by Concerned Taxpayer
    If you think you know who I am, please post my name. Like I stated, I'm a concerned tax paying citizen. I've read all of the replies to my question, yet nobody has explained to me why D.E.P. Officers are enforcing traffic on City Streets! (No, I didn't receive a ticket from one of you guys). With the enormous amount of Environmental Crime that occurs on a daily basis and if you guys are stretch as thin as you claim, then how do any of you have time to ride around in a boat or bicycles? Again just curious! For the record I am a former Police Officer, however I now own my own Businesses, so I do write with a little validity!!
    Validity,,

Note--If you are a former LEO then you should know DEP has a primary mission of patrolling areas dealing with our Environment,,ie park,rivers,lakes--see where Im going with this and as far as pulling people over on city streets.

Im guessing could be wrong but I bet those city streets are in the State of Florida.

Hence the words STATE LAW ENFORCEMENT.

Its not done everyday but on a rare instance a person will get stopped by DOT,DEP,DOA. Oh and those are other State LE Agencies in case your former LEO concept has worn thin. Rest assured, Yours and My tax dollars are spent well.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast