$$$ Housing Costs $$$ - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

where

So where is there left to move to? Not Sarasota..not North Port..not Venice...for sure not Bradenton :twisted: I guess move out of Florida...maybe Tennesee.....Kenucky?

Re: where

Quote Originally Posted by Justme
    So where is there left to move to? Not Sarasota..not North Port..not Venice...for sure not Bradenton :twisted: I guess move out of Florida...maybe Tennesee.....Kenucky?
    It's interesting that many people are being forced to move out of their apartments in Sarasota County because they are being changed into condos. When their apartment lease expires, they can either purchase it as a condo (which takes cash) or they have to move out. :shock:

trash

to the person who said north port will be a dump when all the trash who cant afford sarasota and venice will move there...i guess everyoneeeeeeee who cant afford sarasota is trash..thats pretty rude.....GUESS I AM TRASH ops:

Re: trash

Quote Originally Posted by justme
    to the person who said north port will be a dump when all the trash who cant afford sarasota and venice will move there...i guess everyoneeeeeeee who cant afford sarasota is trash..thats pretty rude.....GUESS I AM TRASH ops:
    I always swore that I would never move to North Port, but I'm now having second thoughts because I'm NOT going to pay half a million dollars for a crackerbox in Sarasota. A half-mil??? :roll: Nuts. :twisted: !@#$%^&*

Just an FYIit does not take alot of $$$ to get into a house. There are several "law enforcement" programs that will get you into a home for as little as a $500 contribution....all the other closing costs can be rolled into the loan. Everyone can come up with $500..either the security deposit your getting back from the apartment complex or the last months rent that you dont have to pay.....Keep in mind that your first house wont be your dream house. Ask around....i dont think to many peoples first home was a cutie!!! Got to start some where!!! Also if your a civilian your income will most likley qualify you for Down Payment assistance...the city is handing out checks in either 37K or 50K amounts....interest free!!!!

to the person who said tennessee or kentucky... that is what i did. i left my good paying job with mso to take a low paying one with a s.o. in TN. the pay is low, but the fact you can buy a brand new 1500 sq. foot house on over 1/2 acre of land with garage and unfinished basement (brand new i might add) for 140,000 is the clincher. and your taxes run 600 or 700 a year and insurance is less than that.
    plus there is no gridlock on the roads (or lack thereof like this area).
    i never saw myself leaving this area until a couple of years ago, and have no desire to come back (excepty to visit)..

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    to the person who said tennessee or kentucky... that is what i did. i left my good paying job with mso to take a low paying one with a s.o. in TN. the pay is low, but the fact you can buy a brand new 1500 sq. foot house on over 1/2 acre of land with garage and unfinished basement (brand new i might add) for 140,000 is the clincher. and your taxes run 600 or 700 a year and insurance is less than that.
    plus there is no gridlock on the roads (or lack thereof like this area).
    i never saw myself leaving this area until a couple of years ago, and have no desire to come back (excepty to visit)..
    Thanks for sharing that. That's good news. I planned on being buried in Sarasota, but at the rate things are growing, I might leave for greener pastures when I retire, if I make it that far. It's too expensive here.

home sweet home

there are some great new houses in north port with lots of land :P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12