An Exodus of Agents - Is it true? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    In reading all of your in put, I can only be saddened. I have been a City of Miami police officer for the past 26yrs. I was assigned to a Secret Service Agent during a number of events. i.e: Pope visit, Summit of the Americas.etc. All can say is that they ( USSS) are a bunch of nicest guys you could ever meet, down to earth, cordial.
    We are going thru some bad times ouselves, we have a fairly new chief (timoney) and he's slowly and shurelly destroying the dpt. Our morale is so bad there is no morale!!
    Lucky for me I'll be retirying in two years.
    Good luck to all of you in the USSS, God blees you!

You're right. The Secret Service agents are the best Feds you will ever work with. I've found them to be "regular guys."

They're just being worked to death.

Hope things get better for you in Miami. In any event, enjoy retirement when you get there.

Re: Really Happened

Quote Originally Posted by True Account

You are reporting the info your friend heard from a Director?
    Could you get further from the source? Your info doesn't ring true to me at all. No Director in his right mind would be unconcerned about losing veteran agents and having to replace them with trainees.

:?:

Sounds right to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    You are reporting the info your friend heard from a Director?
    Could you get further from the source? Your info doesn't ring true to me at all. No Director in his right mind would be unconcerned about losing veteran agents and having to replace them with trainees.
    Actually, it sounds exactly right to me based on my own experience.

First, note that the Director wasn't talking about losing veteran agents and replacing them with trainees. He was talking about rotating burned out Protection Agents back to the field and replacing them with veteran Field Agents.

My experience through the years and after attending untold numbers of supervisory training courses was that on the Investigations side there would be lots of attention paid to how to handle problem agents, (or agents with problems) but on the Protection side the answer was always simply to transfer them back to the Field.

Use 'em up and throw 'em out!

The Secret Service agents are the best Feds you will ever work with. I've found them to be "regular guys."

They're just being worked to death.

Hope things get better for you in Miami. In any event, enjoy retirement when you get there.[/quote]

Does the Secret Service hire retired police officers to work part time?

Don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Part Time
    Does the Secret Service hire retired police officers to work part time?

I should leave this to an active duty agent to answer, but my instinct is to say that they don't.

The big problem is the security clearance. I doubt that they would hire anyone who couldn't be given a security clearance and they wouldn't spend the money for a security clearance for a part time employee.

Immediately after 9/11/01, many retired agents volunteered to assist the Service in office work or motorcade situations. The Service couldn't find a way to utilize them due to the security clearance issue.

The best place for a quick answer is to look inside the front cover of your telephone book for the phone number of the Secret Service and call and ask them. (If you screw up and call the FBI you are unworthy of working for the Service. :P )

Although I doubt it, it wouldn't do any harm to give them a call.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12