District meeting: Sarasota
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

District meeting: Sarasota

Any enlightenment from today query of topics? We want to know. How about some actual weekends off ? Oops Hit a nerve.

"Thank you for making the effort to be here today and thank you for your dedication to the park service."

And you wonder why we will never progress forward....I don't work for the park service, I work for the Florida Department of Environmental Protection,Division of Law Enforcement.

Oh, before I forget....don't even think you will go to the RCC if you live more than an hour away...Thanks for your support.

Pardon my ignorance, but I wasn't at the meeting. What thoughtless, inconsiderate, bone-headed idiot actually said "... and thank you for your dedication to the park service." ?

WHo works for the Park Service??

Im sorry do I cut grass and trim trees ? NO IM A STATE LEO Employed by FDEP Div of LE. Please Park people start your own website. Rangers are us.com or something but learn the difference.

Oh and why do we have a district meeting at a park.. that was tacky. How about a hotel conference room or something with some taste next time. What a morale booster that was.

Speaking of a morale booster, Gee, which LT was it that said he really didn't care about the morale of his people???

As long as the parks are taken care of!

If you guys have such a problem with the park service, shouldn't you start looking for another job? Without their need for our services, we wouldn't have a job. Lighten up! You guys in the Southwest are making the rest of us look bad!!

The answer

Don’t try to avoiding the issue by shifting the blame to us and telling us to look for another job. We have a job! We’re LEO’s. This isn’t personal against Park People. This is about being treated with the respect that we’re entitled to as State LEO’s. As for making others look bad, that all the director cares about is his own public image. As for the question about why we have a district meeting at a park, the answer to that is easy. Because it’s free, and it leaves more money in the expense account for the director and his cronies to take top drawer recreational trips at state expense under the guise of business. As for the Lt’s remark about not caring about the morale of his people as long as the parks are taken care of, that is just a reflection of top management’s attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Curious
    If you guys have such a problem with the park service, shouldn't you start looking for another job? Without their need for our services, we wouldn't have a job. Lighten up! You guys in the Southwest are making the rest of us look bad!!
    Youre such a tool. Then go be a ranger. Most of them have criminal histories anyway. Yes your right they do do keep us employed especially when we have to police them also

Curious

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by Curious
    Youre such a tool. Then go be a ranger. Most of them have criminal histories anyway. Yes your right they do do keep us employed especially when we have to police them also
    AMEN Brother, The park service has some good employee's working for them. Just as we have some bad employee's working for us. We are the Bureau of Florida Park Patrol with an emphasis on "Parks" I can't imagine working for the park patrol and not getting along with the park service. Sounds as if you need to fix some bridges that you have burnt down. No, I don't want to be a ranger, but I do respect them and the jobs that they perform daily. We have got to get along with everyone, it just makes for a better agency and working environment. :lol:

Missed the entire point

Another fine example of the misinformed. bureau of Park Patrol. Isnt that contradictory to the entire concept of Div of LE. There is no reason why the quote bureaus arent merged. The agency is that big. Come on people as far the person talking about park service find another job.

No where on my car,badge,patch,Identification does it say anything about park service nor do I remember that being anywhere in the requirements to be a Florida LEO.

No disrespect to the Rangers but they are not cops. That is my point. We get a long with them fine so what I patrol an area of responsibilty within a district. I do more than patrol a park, so why do we keep going back to that stigma?

It is the top management that have shown they care nothing of the line officer, prime example--Line supervisors (MPO ) because they take a weekend off to accompany the Captain and thatll get you a promotion. Wrong we need qualified people. That is my point.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast