SSO Recruitor Make over

SSO Recruitor Make over

I see peole complaining about jail pay and this sparked my reason for this post. They get the same pay the road does. Try that in another county and you wont get it.

The problem I see is the agency as a whole has fallen behind and the smaller counties have surpassed us in there pay. There is no reason why a smaller county with less tax base should start hiring Deputy Sheriffs and Correction Officers six grand more than us in a ****y on either side of us. We have a huge tax base. We should be competeing with Tampa and Hillsborough not small agencies like Mantee and Charlotte. ( No direspect too them but we have a bigger population and as previous much higher tax base )

Maybe it shouldnt of been brought up in Star Trac by a staff person but do you have a better way to present it (This problem ) without getting the point across in a reality check?

We have a union, much better place to live, better equiptment but when you waive education requirements and cant raise the pay to attract qualified people. Your gonna get this.

Another problem we have is our recruitor. She is a great lady but she is not a LEO but a civillian and our booths at the job fair is very cheesy. No good videos of Patrol,SWAT,CP,TAC,Traffic,Marine,Bicyles,ERT,Hono r Guards. You know the stuff that will attract people. Not to boost there egos in those units but if I was a rookie, I would want to see that stuff and a uniformed sharp dressed cop ( Not in a CP Uniform I mean Long sleeve and Tie--Stand out , have your campaign hat on the table) along with good videos and slide shows on a big screen 27 inch flat screen, Can we got to Target and buy a flat screen for $ 400.00 now and music nice speakers and a good beat not some cheesy dvd player.

Laugh at me but you jknow I have a point. This is like marketting.

You got to put yourself out there kinda like a military recruitor. Give out coffee cups, SSO Notebooks, mouse pads, cup saucers,posters,s and Book bags filled with agency information application with lots of color pictures and a copy of a good recruiting video. Give out agency baseball cards with Motors,Deputies,Dogs etc.

They should also be able to click on this stuff on our website and fill out intrerest card online to email the recuitor or heck even do the application online and be able to print it out.

Just my .02

pay

Check your facts before posting.

The pay is not the same.

Re: pay

Quote Originally Posted by zeloc
    Check your facts before posting.

The pay is not the same.
    The pay is the same if you have 30 college credits. Re-check your G.O.

Getting 30 college credits is pretty easy. All you need is a pulse to get 30 credits. :shock:

I know my facts

Yes the pay is the same. I came from the jail. If you are lacking in education. Thats on you dont blame me. I know my facts, however now it doesnt matter because we have waived our educational requirements so we are gonna really get some quality applicants now. It should be mandatory to do two years in the jail if you are not previous experience.

Oh yeah

As far as college credits you are right. You refer to GOs, Why let me guess they changed again. I have a degree so sell your eduacational easy credits too someone else.

On a constructive note. Im not here to battle road vs jail as I dont care that is not the issue. I am both so dont preach to me. The issue is the quality of applicants and the pay of the agency being outdone by smaller counties. Our recruitment needs overhauled and totally revamped.

Recruiting for the jail has to be difficult. It would be like a salesmen trying to talk you into buying a bucket of turds. Who the hell wants it?!

Quote Originally Posted by SCSO
    Recruiting for the jail has to be difficult. It would be like a salesmen trying to talk you into buying a bucket of turds. Who the hell wants it?!
    I shouldn't say this, but I'm going to anyways...

If you're son says he wants to be a policeman when he grows up, pat him on the head and give him a big smile. However, if your son says he wants to be a correctional officer when he grows up, then bring him to a shrink. :shock: