RESERVE OFFICERS
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

RESERVE OFFICERS

I would like to work part time as a police officer in southwest Florida, but I can't seem to find any part time work. Now I am considering volunteering with DEP as a reserve officer. Does anyone have any serious advice for me about this? Thanks

Reserve Program

If you have been a prior Law Enforcement officer, this is the job. You understand that dealing with drug dealers, prostitutes, domestics, etc., is wearing on the body. This agency has a great opportunity and I believe that you'll enjoy it if you have rid the "Bad Boy" metality.

We have our problems, but who doesn't?

Good luck to you!

If I start as a reserve officer, and later want to work full time as a paid officer, is it difficult to get hired?

Do It

If you come on board as a reserve officer and perform your duties you will do great.

There has been many reserve officer go full time and love it. You have pretty much the same equipment as full time officers and all they have to do is put you on the pay roll. The best thing for you to do is contact the supervisor in S.W and he can direct you to the proper people in tally to start you process.

In spite of what you may read on this site this is a good agency but they all have their problems,
    Do it and you will find a great home with D.E.P.

Do you get take home cars?

Reserve Officers

This agency needs all of the reserve officers we can get. If you are interested please give our training section or your local park patrol office a call. We need you and want individuals who want to work for the best state law enforcement agency in the State of Florida. Yes, there are take home cars for reserve officers on a limited basis, especially the ones who are always working. One of the best benefits for you is that you do a good job you can work your way into a full time position with this agency. Give us a call we are waiting to hear from you and we look forward to talking to you.

I am not that familiar with your agency. If someone wanted to work there full time, is there any benefit to applying as a Reserve Officer first? Why not just apply for full time? Thank you.

Reserve Program

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I am not that familiar with your agency. If someone wanted to work there full time, is there any benefit to applying as a Reserve Officer first? Why not just apply for full time? Thank you.
    If you want a full time position, you should apply for it. Sometimes we have applicants that want to work in certain geographic areas of the state or they just want to be a reserve officer and check out the agency. If you want to remain in a certain part of the state, the reserve program can give you an inside lead especially if you work hard for your assigned district. But whatever the case may be, we would love to have you working for our agency. Don't hesitate please apply for a position and start a great and rewarding career in state law enforcement.

Part time- I am currently a full time officer for a rural city agency in northern FL. I am coming up on two years and am graduating from UF in December. Law school has been my long time goal since I entered college and will hopefully be able to attend come next fall.

My question is, I will need to be sworn somewhere to keep my certification and I have always been a hard working officer and loved LE. I am interested in a reserve position with DEP or FWC. I was wondering if you could give me any insight into what RO's actually are able to do and given the opportunity to do within your agency. We have a state park that is within our city limits but I have never met with or even seen a DEP officer out there. Whenever there is a call for service (13 P, etc) we respond. I do not have a lot of information on your agency and have had even a harder time finding info on the reserve program.

I appreciate any assistance you could offer on this topic. I wouldnt plan on using DEP reserve as just a way to keep my standards. I would be motivated and hopeful to contribute what I can to the agency. Take care and stay safe.

RO Program

Go to this website for info on the RO Program. I hope that this is what you were looking for.

http://www.dep.state.fl.us/law/FPP/ReserveProgram.htm

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast