Accident question
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Accident question

A family member was involved in an accident that was the other guys fault. She called HCSO out and the deputy came and did a short form and gave her a report number. We have since found out the other driver wasn't ticketed ( At TPD we have to write a ticket per SOP ). Will the deputy indicate in the reconstruction who was at fault? I need to now this info because we have $1800 in damages and need to make a claim-Thanks for the info

Guys, 22 people have looked at this subject and no responses. I'm not looking to get somebody burnt, I just need to know how at fault is indicated if there was no citation issued. Please let me know.

Call the other insurance company and file a claim. 99.9% of all adjusters do their own investigation to settle a claim. If the other party is truthful with his insurance company then the report is a moot issue. I find it hard to understand that you don't know about the block on the back of the report called "Contributing Causes" and the significance of the entries there. Also, we have discretion when deciding to write or, not write a citation, even at a crash. Maybe the 22 people who viewed your post couldn't understand, if you are a "Tampa Officer", why you didn't know how to figure it out. :roll:

I got hit.

First of all, since you have the report number go down and get a copy of the report. Then you can see who the deputy faulted in the accident.

Second, I was hit a while back and the damage looked minimal so the other driver and I just exchanged insurance info. Later I found out that I had $1800 in hidden damage so I got a "blue form" and filed it with the state.

I went to my insurance company for repairs and they subrogated the claim to the other driver's insurance company.

I figure the 22 folks who viewed your message just didn't have the answer - not everyone who reads the board is a cop.

Quote Originally Posted by Hmmmmm
    Call the other insurance company and file a claim. 99.9% of all adjusters do their own investigation to settle a claim. If the other party is truthful with his insurance company then the report is a moot issue. I find it hard to understand that you don't know about the block on the back of the report called "Contributing Causes" and the significance of the entries there. Also, we have discretion when deciding to write or, not write a citation, even at a crash. Maybe the 22 people who viewed your post couldn't understand, if you are a "Tampa Officer", why you didn't know how to figure it out. :roll:
    Already called the insurance company....the guy is saying it was not his fault so it is making it complicated. Thanks for your wise-ass answer to my question though. I do know about the block on the back, and I find it hard to understand that you're not aware that copy is not given to the drivers. To you I hope you get a wise-ass response from some officer when you're in need, to everybody else thank you for the responses and stay safe.

You may not have page 2 on your driver's exchange, but you do have both Vehicle 1 and Vehicle 2 sections filled out. If you're a law enforcement officer you know what that means. FIGURE IT OUT "Tampa Officer" !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Ass
    You may not have page 2 on your driver's exchange, but you do have both Vehicle 1 and Vehicle 2 sections filled out. If you're a law enforcement officer you know what that means. FIGURE IT OUT "Tampa Officer" !!!!!

Ummm...in Tampa it means vehicle 1 was striking vehicle, has nothing AT ALL to do with fault. V1 or V2 can be at fault. So what am I supposed to deduce by page 1? You wonder why people have bad attitudes towards cops? Its because of people like you just trying to find some smart-ass thing to say to make themselves feel better about their own pitiful life. I come on here, intro myself and politely ask a question. You could simply have provided help but you wanted to be a jerk. I work with people like you all day and your attitude shows that your an unhappy little man who is bitter about his situation.

Hey TPD. At HCSO V1 is the suspect / at fault vehicle and yes, the synopsis on page 2 (blue form) should relate what happened as should the diagram. Tickets are the deputies descretion. Tell your relative to go down to the SOC in Ybor and get a copy of the report is my best advice to you and them. Sorry for the smart a$$ responses others gave you.

Quote Originally Posted by Another Deputy
    Hey TPD. At HCSO V1 is the suspect / at fault vehicle and yes, the synopsis on page 2 (blue form) should relate what happened as should the diagram. Tickets are the deputies descretion. Tell your relative to go down to the SOC in Ybor and get a copy of the report is my best advice to you and them. Sorry for the smart a$$ responses others gave you.

Thanks bro, you answered all of my questions there. I truly appreciate the help.

Heres smartass for ya

What can I do if the other party's insurance company denied my claim after the other driver received the ticket?

Solution: A citation (ticket) given because of a vehicle accident may be dismissed in court. The citation does not necessarily mean the other party was guilty or "convicted" of a moving violation.
    The other person's insurance company will pay a claim if they believe their insured is "legally liable" for the accident. If the company does not agree to pay the claim, action may be taken by: 1.) filing the claim with the insureds insurance company, if coverage is available, or 2.) seeking legal advice or pursuing the claim in small claims court. This will allow the court to determine what the claimant is entitled to receive for their damages.

from

[url]http://servicepoint.fldfs.com/eservice_enu/start.swe?SWECmd=Start[url/]

But then again, you expect to get a nice warm and fuzzy reply here to a question you could have simply answered by getting a copy of the report.

And just because they don't let you excercise descretion in the interest of an easy stat doesn't mean the rest of us have that problem.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast