cib interviews

Thread: cib interviews

cib interviews

why dont they interview for the cib positions?

Re: cib interviews

Quote Originally Posted by deputy
    why dont they interview for the cib positions?
    I guess it goes in cycles. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. It's flip-flopped back and forth over the last few years. Personally, I like it when they just pick who they want. It saves a lot of wear and tear. If they already know who they want... and if they have an oral board to make it look fair... but if they're going to pick who they originally wanted... then they made everybody else jump through the hoops for nothing... so it's better if they just pick who they want. Trust me on that one!!!! And I'm not just talking about CIB... I'm talking about any unit. 8)

cib

we have a very young det unit currently. i would hope they would get some senior folks up there. i am so surpised that wee hire det's with a few years on the road. i think that is so strange. i guess they have a tough time getting people to want to do the work since it is not to action packed. i is pretty bad when you have 2 and 3 year deputies doing det work.

Re: cib

Quote Originally Posted by adam12
    we have a very young det unit currently. i would hope they would get some senior folks up there. i am so surpised that wee hire det's with a few years on the road. i think that is so strange. i guess they have a tough time getting people to want to do the work since it is not to action packed. i is pretty bad when you have 2 and 3 year deputies doing det work.
    Being a detective is a dirty sh*tty job. You get to work one sh*t case after another -- and it gets old after a while.

There is coming a time when you're going to see lots of:
    - young deputies
    - young detectives
    - young sergeants
    - young lieutenants
    - young captains
    - etc...

Why??? Because Florida is exploding (so we have to hire lots more officers) and because the old timers are retiring. Those two things are going to create a vacuum from the top all the way down the the bottom. You can make lieutenant in 5 or 6 years in Hillsbourough County for those two reasons. The same thing is going to happen in Sarasota County and in lots of other boomtowns.