Can you still get hired if passed over in the past?

Can you still get hired if passed over in the past?

Will TPD hire you if you have been passed over in the past?

Re: Can you still get hired if passed over in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Brother
    Will TPD hire you if you have been passed over in the past?
    It would depend why you were passed over. If you are on the eligibility list then you are still eligible even though you were passed over . In that case the answer is yes.

yes you can and i did !!!!

hang in there brother. TPD like all other agencies fails, disqualifies, etc. many a applicant. 99 percent of the time it is BS. look around at the current officers on the street. uh, qualifications are not a top priority. reapply and reapply again and again. if they can disqualify a percentage of applicants it makes it appear that only the top candidates are selected and that is total BS. Good luck.

THANKS FOR THE INFO

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE INFORMATION. THE LETTER THEY SENT ME STATED THAT I WAS NOT GOING TO BE PICKED NOW, BUT WOULD BE KEPT ON THE BACK BURNER FOR NOW.

THANKS FOR THE INFO

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE INFORMATION. THE LETTER THEY SENT ME STATED THAT I WAS NOT GOING TO BE PICKED NOW, BUT WOULD BE KEPT ON THE BACK BURNER FOR NOW.

Re: yes you can and i did !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by disqualified applicant
    hang in there brother. TPD like all other agencies fails, disqualifies, etc. many a applicant. 99 percent of the time it is BS. look around at the current officers on the street. uh, qualifications are not a top priority. reapply and reapply again and again. if they can disqualify a percentage of applicants it makes it appear that only the top candidates are selected and that is total BS. Good luck.
    May be you should sit in on some interviews or go work there yourself and see if disqualified apps aren't BS.

being passed over & a 2nd chance

Ref to having a 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc chance, it depends on if you are male or female and no matter how the brass try to hide it, race has a major roll to play also. It also depends on the person who is responding to the question of, who knows this person for hire, that is placed on the roll call boards. In the infamous exact words of, at the time the FTO SGT 1, "Every one knows that males only have to put forth 98 to 100% effort but women have to put in a min of 110% to make it." He advised that most women that want to be officers are just "Daddys little girls who are trying to make their fathers proud." I know he said this because it was me he said it to. and is now a Captain in dist 1. As far as the race is concerned, I know of several w/m officers that had to either sue to be hired by TPD or at the min make a complaint to the EEOC. And if you think that some one in the department can not black ball you, then you better think again. Since all complaints or law suits are subj to public records, you can research it thru the court system or the federal government.
    I would think that if you were passed over more than once they might be trying to tell you some thing. (just a lil food for thought)
    I would like to say that I like Chief Hogue and he has made some changes for the good. Unfortunately, he is governed by the forces of the political arena and is only allowed to do so much. He is very active in the department and he doesn't hold himself to a higher standard than the officers. He gets out there and performs the same challenges the officers have to face whether its doing the pass test or running a marathon for a good cause. I understand that he does have his down side as all people do, but I think he does try.
    Don't be discouraged but keep applying to other agencies also.
    :?