Shooting

Thread: Shooting

Shooting

Does anyone know any of the facts and circumstances to last nights shooting? Which SIU member was involved?

This is not the place for that type of information to be shared. Thanks

Shooting

Obviously you are not a police officer, especially by asking a question like that. What is the real need to know anyway? Looks like swift justice to me. At least the bad guy will not be spending our money on his trip through the court system. :roll:

related shooting in Safety Harbor
    Tuesday, May 2, 2006

The incident happened at a home on 10th Street in Safety Harbor.
    A suspected bank robber is dead after being shot by a St. Petersburg police officer early Tuesday morning.

The incident happened in Safety Harbor on 10th Street. Investigators said undercover police officers were working a bank robbery surveillance operation on the suspect who was inside an apartment.

According to police, 49-year-old John McFarland is responsible for three bank robberies in 2005 and two this year. They said all five robberies occurred in St. Petersburg.

Investigators said during the surveillance operation McFarland came out of the apartment and confronted a detective. Shots were fired and McFarland was hit and taken to a nearby hospital where he later died.

McFarland

It is unknown if McFarland was armed or why the confrontation began. Authorities said it could take weeks to determine what happened.

"There's three investigations going on concurrently," Bill Proffitt of the St. Petersburg Police Department said. "The state attorney is conducting an investigation, the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office is conducting a criminal investigation, and we're conducting an internal administration investigation."

The undercover officer involved in the shooting is a veteran police officer. He is being questioned about the incident and will be put on paid administrative leave pending the outcome of the investigation.

Member LEO Affairs Detective
    From the multiple news accounts I have seen it looks like the detectives did exactly what they should have. They encountered a potentially armed and violent suspect, responded to his actions and all went home safe. Good job!

If a suspect chooses to live by the sword then he shall die by the sword.
    St. Pete was once a place of honor, It can be again......

shooting

I hope all is well with the Detectives in C.C.U. . you guys are the best in the business- bar none. If you need anything you know how to get a hold of me. Take care and God bless.

Benn