Red Headed Step Children of the S.O. - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

detention staffing

8) detention has always been undertaffed and it will always be understaffed. that arguement is bogus. there are several hundred former detention deputies on the road, who are doing a great job on the road.

TO SORRY---When people apply at HCSO or inquire about the job the recruiters will tell you that you should start in the jail and then you are already hired with the agency so you can just go to the road when you get dual certified. All you have to do now is transfer when you get dual certified. So they scam you into thinking that you have your foot in the door and you are going to be considered before anyone off the street. I was told that when I started in the jail. Pasco at the time was also sponsoring academies, however, they tell you from the start that you cannot go to the road once in the jail. I wanted the road so I came to HCSO because they guaranteed me a spot on the road within 2 years from when I started in the jail. It took 4 years from when I got dual certified. So not all people are starting in the jail then changing their minds later or are trying to scam the SO. The SO is scamming them!

recruiters

that's what you get for trusting anything a recruiter says. Whether military, law enforcement or any other occupation that has recruiters...never trust a recruiter!

truth is

I served for five years in booking and paid my own way through the cross-over. I was on the waiting list for the road for two years sitting through numerous picks and did not get picked for the road. I never had an IA investigation or any disciplinary action against me and still did not get to the road. I went to another agency and am on the road and am happy and have been recognized for many things. I would love to have stayed with HCSO but they couldn't see clearly to keep someone they invested so much time and money with their loss.

RED HEADED STEP CHILDREN

MY DEPARTMENT IS THE SAME WAY I HAVE WORKED IN THE JAIL FOR 4 YEARS TRIED TO GET TO THE ROAD BUT THE DEPARTMENT KEEPS HIRING FROM THE OUTSIDE SO WE ARE ALWAYS BEING TOLD NO

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234