BSO has no Money
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Member LEO Affairs Rookie

BSO has no Money

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/b...q74-story.html

Criminal Tony fills pockets of his political backers with contracts. Short 90 dispatchers and he claims the agency doesn't have enough money. 14,505 unanswered 911 calls during the month of February alone. Not good, I hope the Ethics Committee sees this.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Member1 View Post

Criminal Tony fills pockets of his political backers with contracts. Short 90 dispatchers and he claims the agency doesn't have enough money. 14,505 unanswered 911 calls during the month of February alone. Not good, I hope the Ethics Committee sees this.
    BSO will be paying MILLIONS in back pay and lawyer fees to the deputies he fired wrongfully. The news needs to do their research and Investigate all this money being wasted. Almost every deputy that Tony terminated, he actually overruled more experienced officer's recommendations clearing them or suspension discipline. Tony takes things personal which is hurting BSO and the residents of Broward County.

He doesn't care

Quote Originally Posted by Member94 View Post
    BSO will be paying MILLIONS in back pay and lawyer fees to the deputies he fired wrongfully. The news needs to do their research and Investigate all this money being wasted. Almost every deputy that Tony terminated, he actually overruled more experienced officer's recommendations clearing them or suspension discipline. Tony takes things personal which is hurting BSO and the residents of Broward County.
    You're correct, and he doesn't care. He knows in time he will be removed, leaving the next Sheriff having to explain why the agency is out of funds. He wants to do as much harm as possible to the agency, while posting as many videos as possible in an attempt to gain public support. I'm sure after he is removed he will hire Mr. Crump.
    Last edited by Member1; 04-27-2022 at 09:37 PM. Reason: spelling error

How Long Has This Been going on?

[QUOTE=Member1;3344594]https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/b...q74-story.html

I see that Tony's response to the 911 crisis is, "it wasn't my Administration." Well, the point is that he HAS known about it, since he took over and did nothing (because, "he had no money) Talk about being REactive. I viewed the Broward County Commission meeting of April 26, 2022 (Broward County Gov channel on YouTube). In addition, he appears to be against giving the current Communications operators a raise - he was quite insistent that he and his Command staff have to have a plan and numbers.
    He doesn't just want to throw money at it and give raises, because other departments will become upset. Well, how about the fact that the last 2 years Communication has not gotten a raise and BSO has failed to negotiate with the Union? I'm sure other department sure have gotten their raises. I could be wrong.

Also, Tony is wanting to take Communications away from Broward County and let BSO run it; sounds that way from the meeting. He was quite forceful about it without stating it specifically. Also, the Commissioners seem to almost be insisting on a pilot program (video 911 - Carbyne 911), Tony sounds like he is not open to that now, wanting to "fix" what is wrong.

Angela Mize has known this for YEARS and let so many people go because they couldn't all learn the radio right away. Had she not thrown that Training money away, she might be down less people right now. Mize took no responsibility for anything the article said, and ONLY discussed the Hollywood incident. What about the dead 3-month old baby?

One last thing, this understaffing has NOTHING to do with the pandemic, nor a national problem with Communications. Where is their Union on this coming to their defense? Oh, I see...in BSO's pocket, perhaps? Wow man, this has been going on at BSO communications almost right after it was regionalized. No commissioner asked about THAT, surprising? They only "jumped" because of the article. They claim they had NO IDEA any of this was going on. Can anyone prove they DID know? I'm glad the newspaper finally came through with something that is going to make these people "move," let's just see how they do it and in whose benefit.

[QUOTE=Hanagra;3344612]

I see that Tony's response to the 911 crisis is, "it wasn't my Administration." Well, the point is that he HAS known about it, since he took over and did nothing (because, "he had no money) Talk about being REactive. I viewed the Broward County Commission meeting of April 26, 2022 (Broward County Gov channel on YouTube). In addition, he appears to be against giving the current Communications operators a raise - he was quite insistent that he and his Command staff have to have a plan and numbers.
    He doesn't just want to throw money at it and give raises, because other departments will become upset. Well, how about the fact that the last 2 years Communication has not gotten a raise and BSO has failed to negotiate with the Union? I'm sure other department sure have gotten their raises. I could be wrong.

Also, Tony is wanting to take Communications away from Broward County and let BSO run it; sounds that way from the meeting. He was quite forceful about it without stating it specifically. Also, the Commissioners seem to almost be insisting on a pilot program (video 911 - Carbyne 911), Tony sounds like he is not open to that now, wanting to "fix" what is wrong.

Angela Mize has known this for YEARS and let so many people go because they couldn't all learn the radio right away. Had she not thrown that Training money away, she might be down less people right now. Mize took no responsibility for anything the article said, and ONLY discussed the Hollywood incident. What about the dead 3-month old baby?

One last thing, this understaffing has NOTHING to do with the pandemic, nor a national problem with Communications. Where is their Union on this coming to their defense? Oh, I see...in BSO's pocket, perhaps? Wow man, this has been going on at BSO communications almost right after it was regionalized. No commissioner asked about THAT, surprising? They only "jumped" because of the article. They claim they had NO IDEA any of this was going on. Can anyone prove they DID know? I'm glad the newspaper finally came through with something that is going to make these people "move," let's just see how they do it and in whose benefit.
    How much more does the govenor need to remove Tony? When will this ethics commission finally recomend to remove him? Why doesn't the govenor care Broward is suffering every day this Sheriff stays in office.

Good Point

[QUOTE=Hanagra;3344612]

Good point, who is Mize? Who is in charge of HR? Sounds like head of HR needs to go with Tony. Who is in charge of dispatch?

Busy

[QUOTE=Member94;3344616]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanagra View Post

How much more does the govenor need to remove Tony? When will this ethics commission finally recomend to remove him? Why doesn't the govenor care Broward is suffering every day this Sheriff stays in office.
    He is going to remove Tony with a date to be determined and it will surprise many and catch Tony off guard not knowing the date. In other words, no heads up to pack his trash early like Israel had. People will show up and Tony told to leave with a trespass warning. Items in the office etc. will be packed and sent to him. The governor has proceeded with names and this time more thorough background checks. Everything will be sudden and swift. The existing command staff should be smart and have exit plans, this will not be pretty. Remember, the gov. has been busy fighting the woke mob like Disney, CRT, and 2nd amendment protocols. All that and campaign functions.

Indeed

Dispatch openings are posted on the Indeed website, lot of demands listed for that position. No mention of pay or benefits. Terrible recruiting. For a three-year problem the posting on Indeed has only been there 26 days.

Member LEO Affairs Road Patrol

Fire all of Communications management

[QUOTE=Member1;3344617]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanagra View Post

Good point, who is Mize? Who is in charge of HR? Sounds like head of HR needs to go with Tony. Who is in charge of dispatch?
    Llerna, Cedeno, Mize, Thomas, and the crappy site managers, such as Rattray and their pets are the ones who have run this place into the ground. It's not just about money, it's about piss poor management, abuse, favoritism, and an often hostile work environment. I laughed when the one commissioner asked for exit interviews. Mize stopped doing those because she didn't want to hear the truth anymore. This division needs an enema.

Dispatch openings are posted on the Indeed website, lot of demands listed for that position. No mention of pay or benefits. Terrible recruiting. For a three-year problem the posting on Indeed has only been there 26 days.
    Starting pay is $37,947. Regular risk FRS retirement and decent medical.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast