Prior Sheriff at Fault?

Member LEO Affairs Rookie

Prior Sheriff at Fault?

I've been reading the plethora of posts and comments to posts about Scott Haines on this website. Can anyone please explain why Haines had a history of misconduct way before Johnson became sheriff and the prior sheriff, Otis Wendell Hall, did absolutely nothing? All of the talk about Johnson says nothing about Hall's handling of Haines, or lack thereof.

Haines is facing time, I know, and there is no reason to talk about him. He's probably going to prison and getting his bank account cleaned out from lawsuits so no reason to keep beating him up. But both sheriffs, not just Johnson, should be held accountable for his actions. Hall is going to deny it to cover his own ass, but he was the sheriff for 16 years. Four terms, all of which Haines worked in admin or out of the main office right next to the sheriff.

Keep Hall accountable. Make him pay. If Bob goes down, he needs to take Hall with him. Members of the upper admin, don't let the boss go down alone. Hall knew Haines was conducting illegal business while under the color of law, and performing acts of moral terpitude.
    "Every once in a while you have somebody who doesn’t need to wear the badge, but we try to find them as quick as possible and get rid of them."-Sheriff Bob Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Brutus View Post
    I've been reading the plethora of posts and comments to posts about Scott Haines on this website. Can anyone please explain why Haines had a history of misconduct way before Johnson became sheriff and the prior sheriff, Otis Wendell Hall, did absolutely nothing? All of the talk about Johnson says nothing about Hall's handling of Haines, or lack thereof.

Haines is facing time, I know, and there is no reason to talk about him. He's probably going to prison and getting his bank account cleaned out from lawsuits so no reason to keep beating him up. But both sheriffs, not just Johnson, should be held accountable for his actions. Hall is going to deny it to cover his own ass, but he was the sheriff for 16 years. Four terms, all of which Haines worked in admin or out of the main office right next to the sheriff.

Keep Hall accountable. Make him pay. If Bob goes down, he needs to take Hall with him. Members of the upper admin, don't let the boss go down alone. Hall knew Haines was conducting illegal business while under the color of law, and performing acts of moral terpitude.
    Perhaps Wendell Hall was being blackmailed by Haines to keep Hall from telling his friends that he, too, gave, uh, nevermind. I think I just threw up in my helmet. I wonder when the next conjuringjusticeblog.com comes out? There is more suspense on the line than when we tried to escape the old Spaceball 1, after someone accidentally hit the non-reversible self destruct button. That would be me after Lonestar attacked me!~ Helmet
    "Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."~ Lord Dark Helmet

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Helmet View Post
    Perhaps Wendell Hall was being blackmailed by Haines to keep Hall from telling his friends that he, too, gave, uh, nevermind. I think I just threw up in my helmet. I wonder when the next conjuringjusticeblog.com comes out? There is more suspense on the line than when we tried to escape the old Spaceball 1, after someone accidentally hit the non-reversible self destruct button. That would be me after Lonestar attacked me!~ Helmet
    Ask an you shall receive Milord.

https://conjuringjusticeblog.com/202...f-bob-johnson/
    "Every once in a while you have somebody who doesn’t need to wear the badge, but we try to find them as quick as possible and get rid of them."-Sheriff Bob Johnson