50% Rookies

Thread: 50% Rookies

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit

50% Rookies

I retied from the patrol in 2014 there was a staffing issue then and there will always be a staffing issue with the current pay structure.
    Trooper's put their two years in and move on to better paying departments. The State of Florida will be training hundreds of applicants each year to see as many leave as are sworn in.
    With this turnover the force must have a large amount of rookies on the road. I know there will always be a portion of the force having rookies, but the FHP percentage of rookies working must be very large which is a safety issue.
    How much does it cost the state to have three academies a year as opposed to paying a decent salary to retain trained personnel?

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit
    Sad to say, but I miss the trolls.

Member LEO Affairs Rookie
    I'm sad to say that Spaceball 1 went to plaid at Ludicrous Speed, and got passed by an angry Trooper on his way to a Signal 4. Spaceball 1 was in the right lane, but we brake for nobody!

This failure on the part of my engineer to allow a Hemi to outrun a 7 mile long starship will not go unpunished! It's the Schwartz to the crotch for them! I hope your trooper had a safe night. Uugh can't believe I am being nice, but we'll call it our little secret~Helmet
    "Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."~ Lord Dark Helmet

Quote Originally Posted by blackcar View Post
    I retied from the patrol in 2014 there was a staffing issue then and there will always be a staffing issue with the current pay structure.
    Trooper's put their two years in and move on to better paying departments. The State of Florida will be training hundreds of applicants each year to see as many leave as are sworn in.
    With this turnover the force must have a large amount of rookies on the road. I know there will always be a portion of the force having rookies, but the FHP percentage of rookies working must be very large which is a safety issue.
    How much does it cost the state to have three academies a year as opposed to paying a decent salary to retain trained personnel?
    Happy Black History Month Blackcar~Helmet
    "Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."~ Lord Dark Helmet

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Helmet View Post
    Happy Black History Month Blackcar~Helmet
    Droll, very droll.
    "Every once in a while you have somebody who doesn’t need to wear the badge, but we try to find them as quick as possible and get rid of them."-Sheriff Bob Johnson