Staff retention at the jail

Unregistered

Staff retention at the jail

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/bus...tPskPTMDZngH0A

The idea is to ask questions similar to what employees might be asked in exit interviews, but before they actually quit.

While experts say stay interviews can be a valuable tool to retain top employees, there is one big caveat: Bosses have to actually follow through on the feedback they solicit.

“At the end of the day, you can promise the best things in the world, but if you can’t execute and deliver, people will tend to look elsewhere,”

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    https://www.nbcnews.com/business/bus...tPskPTMDZngH0A

The idea is to ask questions similar to what employees might be asked in exit interviews, but before they actually quit.

While experts say stay interviews can be a valuable tool to retain top employees, there is one big caveat: Bosses have to actually follow through on the feedback they solicit.

“At the end of the day, you can promise the best things in the world, but if you can’t execute and deliver, people will tend to look elsewhere,”
    Classic response by Car 1, “well I can’t do anything about it now, why didn’t you tell me before you decided to quit?” Rest assured that he has been told by many employees what is wrong on their way out. He just doesn’t care. The HR Dungeon will replace you. That’s all that matters.

Unregistered
    Classic response by Car 1, “well I can’t do anything about it now, why didn’t you tell me before you decided to quit?” Rest assured that he has been told by many employees what is wrong on their way out. He just doesn’t care. The HR Dungeon will replace you. That’s all that matters.
    The exit interviews go straight into the circular file according to multiple sources. Nobody in the administration cares what employees who are leaving think or experienced. Because it is in nobody's interest to improve the working environment of the people who actually perform the services to the taxpayers. The only thing that matters is to maintain their status in cushy rank positions and get promoted by telling Car1 what he wants to hear. Employees are just numbers to fill in slots. They are expendable, irrelevant and replaceable. They don't mean anything to anyone.

Unregistered
    Let me float an idea. Let’s just pretend for one moment that everyone in the department was paid the same amount of money. So in essence just because you’re a major you would make topped out deputies pay and the caveat would be your cushy job and not have to stand out in the rain, take calls and do the hard part of this job. Lets face it the people that get in trouble are the rank file that are pushing the sleds and the detectives on the ground. So if that policy was in acted how many of those current bosses you think would even be there. It’s all about the greenbacks.

Unregistered
    Let me float an idea. Let’s just pretend for one moment that everyone in the department was paid the same amount of money. So in essence just because you’re a major you would make topped out deputies pay and the caveat would be your cushy job and not have to stand out in the rain, take calls and do the hard part of this job. Lets face it the people that get in trouble are the rank file that are pushing the sleds and the detectives on the ground. So if that policy was in acted how many of those current bosses you think would even be there. It’s all about the greenbacks.
    You are right. The "sled pushers" take all the risks, do the hard jobs, but get the lowest pay. The low pay would be the deal breaker for the current bosses. They really don't deserve high risk pay given their low risk cushy jobs and very remote odds of getting fired.