Is it better now or ten years ago working at LCSO?

Unregistered

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Pay is better, everything else has gotten worse.

Unregistered
    Pay is better, everything else has gotten worse.
    The suvs we get are pretty sweet

Unregistered
    Morale was a hell of a lot better ten years ago.

Unregistered
    At the time it didn’t seem great. 10 years ago we had no raises for 4 years as of then, with one more year to come. I was at the same rank from 2005-2014 and pay increased about $7k over all those years. At the time we were mad. We hated the sheriff and cursed all he had done, which was the best he could do in his eyes, he was far to busy trying to please commissioners instead of employees. But I look back and I can’t help but think how much better off we were. Carmine has absolutely no leader experience and he isn’t picking up on it any time soon. How many narcotics and swat promotions neither of which include females are we going to see? He just wants to promote
    His friends. He wants to look cool. Look at homicide, you have 2 senior female Sgts doing phenomenal jobs only to get skipped over by a 2 year Sgt from K9 for Lt Why? Because that Sgt is a swat guy. That sgt looks cool. Way to go Dash! You used to talk shit about people promoted quick, and now you’re promoted quick because you’re drinking buddies. So yes this place was so much better 10 years ago.

Unregistered
    The suvs we get are pretty sweet
    You cannot be serious. No hope now.

Unregistered
    At the time it didn’t seem great. 10 years ago we had no raises for 4 years as of then, with one more year to come. I was at the same rank from 2005-2014 and pay increased about $7k over all those years. At the time we were mad. We hated the sheriff and cursed all he had done, which was the best he could do in his eyes, he was far to busy trying to please commissioners instead of employees. But I look back and I can’t help but think how much better off we were. Carmine has absolutely no leader experience and he isn’t picking up on it any time soon. How many narcotics and swat promotions neither of which include females are we going to see? He just wants to promote
    His friends. He wants to look cool. Look at homicide, you have 2 senior female Sgts doing phenomenal jobs only to get skipped over by a 2 year Sgt from K9 for Lt Why? Because that Sgt is a swat guy. That sgt looks cool. Way to go Dash! You used to talk shit about people promoted quick, and now you’re promoted quick because you’re drinking buddies. So yes this place was so much better 10 years ago.
    While I agree with your overall point in this post, I don’t believe using the two female sergeants in homicide as an example was the best choice. It is difficult to supervise a unit when you have very little experience performing that job, and performing it well. However, you are correct in the statement that people who are friends of the sheriff are being promoted. Should be interesting with this upcoming promotional test.