Vacation - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vacation

Unregistered
    That sucks for you guys. Lowe definitely has the ability to lead and build morale but downtown ties the captains hands in this agency. He will learn to stand up for you all one day, that’s what makes a good leader. He doesn’t want to risk pissing off anyone downtown right now.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    That sucks for you guys. Lowe definitely has the ability to lead and build morale but downtown ties the captains hands in this agency. He will learn to stand up for you all one day, that’s what makes a good leader. He doesn’t want to risk pissing off anyone downtown right now.
    This was a Reeves.

Unregistered
    Where do most of the supervision problems come from? Sergeants, Lieutenants or Captain?
    In what position of the agency? If you talk about the road then it would be sergeants. Specialty units then it would be Lt’s and up. Ultimately i believe the problem starts at the sgt level. Example, we promote people who are only in a detective or some other specialty position and then usually send them back to the road. Where they usually (not always) only did the minimum 2-3 years on the road and then left. They then do multiple years as a detective losing touch with road work. If you want good solid leaders who understand what needs to be done in that position and makes the correct decisions fast we need to promote from within those departments. Does it really make you that much better of lets say a road patrol deputy becoming a detective before get sgt? I’d say no, there are road patrol deputies who are far better at investigating crimes and leading/educating others deputies than some detectives who have gotten promoted and sent back to a shift. Yes, some people who go through the road to detective to sgt steps are great, but are all coming back like that no.

Unregistered
    In what position of the agency? If you talk about the road then it would be sergeants. Specialty units then it would be Lt’s and up. Ultimately i believe the problem starts at the sgt level. Example, we promote people who are only in a detective or some other specialty position and then usually send them back to the road. Where they usually (not always) only did the minimum 2-3 years on the road and then left. They then do multiple years as a detective losing touch with road work. If you want good solid leaders who understand what needs to be done in that position and makes the correct decisions fast we need to promote from within those departments. Does it really make you that much better of lets say a road patrol deputy becoming a detective before get sgt? I’d say no, there are road patrol deputies who are far better at investigating crimes and leading/educating others deputies than some detectives who have gotten promoted and sent back to a shift. Yes, some people who go through the road to detective to sgt steps are great, but are all coming back like that no.
    Sounds like ur to stupid to make detective or nobody wants you in their unit. Lol. Move along **** sucker.

Unregistered
    Sounds like ur to stupid to make detective or nobody wants you in their unit. Lol. Move along **** sucker.
    Sounds like he touched a nerve with you. Jealous people don’t act like that sir…

Unregistered
    Stupid question. If schools are closed why are they denying SRO vacations? What will they be doing?

Unregistered
    I was talking about SRO. Where does the bullshit start. I like Captain Lowe and Lt Walsh not sure so I feel about Queipo. His lack of leading the in agency makes things worst for us in SRO. Inexperienced I should say. Is there something better the sergeants could be doing?

Unregistered
    Stupid question. If schools are closed why are they denying SRO vacations? What will they be doing?
    Prob filling patrol because they’re so short all the time. Too busy stacking MCU positions. But that’s cool keep sending them to TDY on patrol and keep screwing the deputies who get bumped to nights every time one appears in the districts. Not their fault but seriously stop stacking 10 man VCU detective units who don’t respond to shit anyway. It’s getting old, watch us keep leaving…. You’ve seen it and you’ll continue to see it. CCPD sounds soo much better every day.

Unregistered
    What a bunch of cry babies. Grow up and honor the commitment you made to serve the people of Lee County. Should have never taken this job if it was about money and vacation time.

Unregistered
    What a bunch of cry babies. Grow up and honor the commitment you made to serve the people of Lee County. Should have never taken this job if it was about money and vacation time.
    The thing is, somebody actually believes this. They can't even see how ignorant it sounds. If a person who believes the above statement holds any type leadership position, they are an excellent example of a poor leader. Just shut up and follow orders. Remember people, you don't have to be smart to be a cop. It just takes an average IQ to do this job. That also means you don't have to be smart to be any kind of a supervisor. You just have to know how to make your superiors look good.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast