Vacation
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vacation

Unregistered

Vacation

Why is the agency canceling Christmas vacations despite being approved months prior.

Unregistered

Wow

Poor leadership. PERIOD

Unregistered

Vacations

It makes no sense that vacation time that was approved months ago people have to cancel. Some units can only go in vacation at certain times of the year. People earned the time and now can’t use it as planned.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It makes no sense that vacation time that was approved months ago people have to cancel. Some units can only go in vacation at certain times of the year. People earned the time and now can’t use it as planned.
    I heard it’s being addressed as this was unknown or ordered by top.

Unregistered
    I heard it’s being addressed as this was unknown or ordered by top.
    That’s what happens when you don’t have enough people to cover because everyone has been quitting lately. I read an article on NBC2 that CCPD has a pool of 100 applicants to choose from….gee I wonder why. Meanwhile, we’re losing people left and right.

Guest2927

South?

I bet those that have had their vacations canceled are in South District. This is a common practice for Lee.

Unregistered

New Deal

I have been working as an SRO for a while now and have never felt so disrespected. I bend over backwards to make sure I am at my school at all times. I postpone appointments sometimes for months until I can take off due to the school schedule. On many occasions I have come to work not feeling well because I take pride in my job and do not want to cause an inconvenience to my bosses. I miss events with my children because I have to be in the school for school days and I have always accepted that. The offset to this has always been if there is no school then you can take off. Now even after having the time off approved during these times it may be taken away when there is no emergency or extenuating circumstances.

I have lost respect, confidence, and trust for the people running this unit. (I can't call them leaders) The next time I have a head ache or my back is in pain I am going to follow policy and call off sick and I am no longer concerned about the inconveniences this causes. The next time my doctor tells me I need a follow up visit in 6 months I will no longer adjust that to a time where there is no school. The bosses of this unit have chose to create an us and them environment rather than the family environment that used to exist. So you get what you ask for.

I will reevaluate whether I want to be in this unit at the end of the school year. I will also make sure anyone considering coming to this unit has a clear understanding of the lack of respect directed towards those in the unit.

Unregistered
    Brother you are not alone. I am going back to patrol after this year. SRO and the BS is not for me.

I have been working as an SRO for a while now and have never felt so disrespected. I bend over backwards to make sure I am at my school at all times. I postpone appointments sometimes for months until I can take off due to the school schedule. On many occasions I have come to work not feeling well because I take pride in my job and do not want to cause an inconvenience to my bosses. I miss events with my children because I have to be in the school for school days and I have always accepted that. The offset to this has always been if there is no school then you can take off. Now even after having the time off approved during these times it may be taken away when there is no emergency or extenuating circumstances.

I have lost respect, confidence, and trust for the people running this unit. (I can't call them leaders) The next time I have a head ache or my back is in pain I am going to follow policy and call off sick and I am no longer concerned about the inconveniences this causes. The next time my doctor tells me I need a follow up visit in 6 months I will no longer adjust that to a time where there is no school. The bosses of this unit have chose to create an us and them environment rather than the family environment that used to exist. So you get what you ask for.

I will reevaluate whether I want to be in this unit at the end of the school year. I will also make sure anyone considering coming to this unit has a clear understanding of the lack of respect directed towards those in the unit.

Unregistered
    Where do most of the supervision problems come from? Sergeants, Lieutenants or Captain?

Unregistered
    Where do most of the supervision problems come from? Sergeants, Lieutenants or Captain?
    Captain on down. If there are any problems in any unit it can usually be attributed to the leader. The captain can't make a decision without asking higher up, hence why he regularly blames them for negative decisions that are passed on to his troops. Virtually zero communication from supervisor. 15 days before vacation starts and deputies, no one else, have to cancel all their plans. Some being made and approved months in advance. Some sergeants try and stay ahead and do a pretty decent job of telling their deputies but sometimes it is pulling teeth to get info. It doesn't help that Commander Miller was brought back to the same title and role but not really. He is just in a paid position. I heard that the captain was a good sergeant but now that he is filling a larger role fear, intimidation, and humiliation are the means that he utilizes to get results. Ask the sergeants and Lieutenants. The captain tries to be buddies but regularly demeans and degrades.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast