Pinellas deputy arrested after lying about beating handcuffed inmate, sheriff says
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Pinellas deputy arrested after lying about beating handcuffed inmate, sheriff says

https://www.fox13news.com/news/pinel...e-sheriff-says

The jail work envoronment and the administration have changed and those who can't or will not change will be fired, forced out and even prosecuted. Guaranteed they will be sued civily and will be on their own. They can end up unemployed, blackballed from the jailer profession and broke. There will be a personal price to pay which will affect family relationships.

My advice is to leave the jail as soon as you can because it isn't what it used to be. One momentary lapse of judgment or loss of temper can cause all of the above. PTSD is not recognized on this job. Anyone can snap and do the same. There are easier and less stressful ways to make money without endangering your freedom and financial well being.

Unregistered
    jesus man, you make it seem like if a jail deputy is fired they have no hope in another profession ever...

which you're wrong about. they'll probably end up somewhere that pays better, with an admin that treats them like humans.

maybe not for ol' sarge here, but for a younger deputy that gets separated - it's a blessing in disguise.

Unregistered
    Here is the double standard:

When Sgt. Skaggs kicked a handcuffed suspect lying face down on the ground a few years ago he got a written reprimand and a 24 hour suspension. He also lied on the report about it but the incident was caught on another deputy's dash cam.

If you work D&C (detention and catering) Sheriff Bob Gualtieri will fire you and send it to the SA to prosecute you for the same violation. That's how the game is played. If you don't know these rules you will not last at the jail. No wonder everyone wants to leave and nobody wants to work there.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Here is the double standard:

When Sgt. Skaggs kicked a handcuffed suspect lying face down on the ground a few years ago he got a written reprimand and a 24 hour suspension. He also lied on the report about it but the incident was caught on another deputy's dash cam.

If you work D&C (detention and catering) Sheriff Bob Gualtieri will fire you and send it to the SA to prosecute you for the same violation. That's how the game is played. If you don't know these rules you will not last at the jail. No wonder everyone wants to leave and nobody wants to work there.
    Did the inmate want to prosecute or was he talked into by the administration. Lying on a report could be an omission of facts or something mis quoted. All subjective according to rookie ass IA Sgt’s who formulate an opinion via the upper chain of command and do their best to convict instead of clear.

Unregistered
    Skaggs has gotten away with a lot of shit. Kicking people who are handcuffed. Punched me in the face while handcuffed and chased 4 black teen girls to their death. Timothy virden shot a man several times and lied about and the pear supported him immediately. Different circumstances for patrol and detention. And yes I support both

Unregistered
    Who’s the deputy who poisoned another deputy at the courthouse . Why was she saved

Unregistered
    Skaggs has gotten away with a lot of shit. Kicking people who are handcuffed. Punched me in the face while handcuffed and chased 4 black teen girls to their death. Timothy virden shot a man several times and lied about and the pear supported him immediately. Different circumstances for patrol and detention. And yes I support both
    You prob deserved it and I’m sure you’re embellishing the truth.

Unregistered
    Maybe I did deserve it for being a smart ass and talking shit. But do it without the handcuffs and 2 deputies holding me. No way he would have tried that

Unregistered
    Is there an appearance of double standards, between patrol and corrections? Patrol gets away with a bit more, not always. Less cameras, on the street then in the jails. Both jobs are stressful. Once one is in cuffs and they are not kicking, spiting but just running their pie hole. The beating needs to stop. It isn't worth you job or freedom. The administration and white hall (known as the Sheriff administration building) have little knowledge, of what's goes on inside the jail. It's been stated that upper staff should work the floors as a C/O to get a hand on approached and see what the correctional officer deal with, just about every day. Place someone in command, that's not a pollical azz kisser but been in correction and worked all the ranks. Being in an outsider. Give that person time to make, worthwhile changes. It's not that the S.A.B., isn't aware of most of the issues and problems, we face. It's just not in theirs face. The so-called buck, stops at the Sheriff's desk and then it's kicked back, go after a correctional office or Sgt. Now patrol uses creative writing not all the time. we've read some of the: "A " reports How some of these make it the state attorney, then judge. I guess they find a lot of humor, it some reports.

Patrol has no use for correction, it's been said time and time again. Your looked down upon. I think to correct this divide. The patrols command should start assigning patrol deputies, to correction for a min of 10 weeks. Let's see if they have the same attitude, after that time. Oh no F&F pulling for you. you work the floors with the same suck days off. Lock in a pod or wing. Be mice to the kitchen staff, you eat what they cook or bring your own. No running down the block for your meal.

Let the b@tching start, you opinion is welcome. Be professional!!!!!

Unregistered
    Who’s the deputy who poisoned another deputy at the courthouse . Why was she saved
    Because her victim did not die.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast