25% pay raise - DeSantis’s budget would increase state law enforcement pay up to 25%

Unregistered

25% pay raise - DeSantis’s budget would increase state law enforcement pay up to 25%

DeSantis announced his 2022 state budget will include money to increase minimum pay for entry level law enforcement officers by 20% and veteran officers’ salaries by 25%.

https://floridapolitics.com/archives...Ips4h0ckugnVnY

Unregistered
    It’s going to be for law enforcement not us.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It’s going to be for law enforcement not us.
    Judging my this years “exercise,” it doesn’t appear they are planning to rid the agency of sworn… yet. But, who knows.

Unregistered
    DeSantis announced his 2022 state budget will include money to increase minimum pay for entry level law enforcement officers by 20% and veteran officers’ salaries by 25%.

https://floridapolitics.com/archives...Ips4h0ckugnVnY
    It will be interesting to see if the legislature supports any of this. But, you never know.

Unregistered
    It will be interesting to see if the legislature supports any of this. But, you never know.
    Republican Governor
    Republican House
    Republican Senate

I don’t believe he would have trotted the idea out there without knowing he had the legislative support.

Unregistered
    Republican Governor
    Republican House
    Republican Senate

I don’t believe he would have trotted the idea out there without knowing he had the legislative support.
    You’d think that. Truth be told, this last legislative session was a surprise for the leadership. But, they certainly could be on board.