25% and $1000 bonus - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by TroopGtoolbag View Post
    We have to understand that we are experiencing very high inflation. I’m spending about 20% more in groceries than just a year or two ago. We don’t receive cost of living increases. With this in mind, the raise is not as sparkly as it appears. It is, however, a step in the right direction. I think DeSantis is a good man and I’m happy to serve him.
    Its a great raise, the problem is that 25% from crap equals crap. Since we don’t make anything 25% is really not a lot nowadays. Hopefully we will at least continue to get raises annually.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Its a great raise, the problem is that 25% from crap equals crap. Since we don’t make anything 25% is really not a lot nowadays. Hopefully we will at least continue to get raises annually.
    Very true, however, I do believe DeSantis will continue to fight for more raises. At the end of the day, this is a major win.

Unregistered
    This is the first time in my career that a governor has come out and publicly said that state law enforcement needs a raise. And his plan isn't just a raise. It's a substantial raise.

Unregistered
    Only problem is, if it passes, it will be effective next July. By then, it will be more like 5 percent if this inflation continues.

Unregistered
    Most of you are living in Fantasy Land. The legislature will never pass a 25% raise for state law enforcement. Not in our life time.

Unregistered
    I sure hope it goes through....history says different though.

Unregistered

This Gov, is not going to look like a$$, he has done his research and already has it pin to paper.

Unregistered

Veteran trooper

This Gov, is not going to look like a$$, he has done his research and already has it pin to paper.
    Well stated by a 2020 rookie, 1800 ID number. The Gov does not have the power (alone) to put this to pin to paper. Now get back to your s4 I got a big mac to go fetch.

Unregistered
    25 % raise is huge for this state agency. I became a Trooper because I would never survive given the crooked politics that exist in many SO’s and PD’s. That being said, with this pay raise, I will no longer have to kill myself on overtime. We have a large family and this single income. Maybe liberal LEO voters who supported that nut case Gillum, will see the error in their ways, probably not. If you aren’t happy with a ground breaking raise, you will NEVER be happy. You know where the door is, take your bitter attitude and leave. The way I see it this only pisses off Sheriff's (especially in north Florida) and their under sheriff’s. Which in turn make me EXTRA happy. Thank you Governor. I’m sure you will see this through.
    If you cant afford it, stop having kids

Unregistered
    Just wait for the useless PBA email acting like this was all because of their hard work.

PBA needs to get flushed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast