Marine Unit & FWC - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unregistered
    Day after Thanksgiving was a high speed shit show at Clearwater Pass, everyone just blowing through the slow speed zone. Your 40’ Safe Boat came floating through, never stopped a single boat, just cruising along.

Do your job………seriously, it’s f*****g embarrassing.

Unregistered
    MU is a pleasure craft gig not a LEO unit. It's a joke, a paycheck for the elitist few do-nothings who are chosen. They pretend they are FWC and Coast Guard all rolled up into one but are neither. They are nothing. The least amount of production for its budget out of all other specialized units. Everyone knows it but they allow the charade to continue.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Do we have a contract with FWC to cover the majority of waterways in Pinellas County? It just seems that anytime there is some kind of call on the water that the Marine Unit's first question is "Check with FWC and see if they have a boat in the water." It seems as if anything in Tampa Bay, much of which is our area, is on it's own if FWC doesn't have a boat in the water. I haven't heard any Marine Unit activity anywhere down by the Sunshine Skyway unless a person has dove off the bridge. And even then it's never just, "we are 51." It's a bunch of questions. So basically if the Marine Unit is hitting anything it's pretty much south of Clearwater and north of St. Pete Beach. Hell, TI's boat gets more action that the ten or so Marine Unit Deputies we have. I'm sure the long lunches and the slow boat washdowns at the end of the day account for the lack of "Ten Fifty Bravo" we used to hear more often. They probably start their day from home and count the BS traffic stops they pull on their way in as time worked. Can patrol start asking FHP to send a unit to a call that's too far away for us to drive to also? That's pretty much what the rule in Marine is and it apparently is okay.
    Usually don’t agree with the whining on here but this I can agree with. The unit is nowhere near what it used to be. They used to be out in the water and very active and now it’s like they’ve gone in hiding and are heard on the radio very little. What gives???

Unregistered
    I’d be embarrassed if I had to consistently ask for another agency to respond almost everyone I’m called on the radio. FWC has like two guys for a five county area. Our unit got bigger but sure as hell doesn’t do more.

Unregistered
    I’d be embarrassed if I had to consistently ask for another agency to respond almost everyone I’m called on the radio. FWC has like two guys for a five county area. Our unit got bigger but sure as hell doesn’t do more.
    But their cool and that’s all that matters.

Unregistered

Transfer to the jail where they are really needed and let's see how cool they are there.

Unregistered
    8 Marines Units logged on, not one on a single call. Marine 10 asks if FWC has a boat in the water. How sad is that unit now?

Unregistered
    Soon they will all have weekends and holidays off

Unregistered
    the jealousy in this thread is real.

keep bein mad boys

Unregistered
    How can I get in on these scammed paychecks? Or is the Marine Unit just for the ball washers?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast