Marine Unit & FWC
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Marine Unit & FWC

Do we have a contract with FWC to cover the majority of waterways in Pinellas County? It just seems that anytime there is some kind of call on the water that the Marine Unit's first question is "Check with FWC and see if they have a boat in the water." It seems as if anything in Tampa Bay, much of which is our area, is on it's own if FWC doesn't have a boat in the water. I haven't heard any Marine Unit activity anywhere down by the Sunshine Skyway unless a person has dove off the bridge. And even then it's never just, "we are 51." It's a bunch of questions. So basically if the Marine Unit is hitting anything it's pretty much south of Clearwater and north of St. Pete Beach. Hell, TI's boat gets more action that the ten or so Marine Unit Deputies we have. I'm sure the long lunches and the slow boat washdowns at the end of the day account for the lack of "Ten Fifty Bravo" we used to hear more often. They probably start their day from home and count the BS traffic stops they pull on their way in as time worked. Can patrol start asking FHP to send a unit to a call that's too far away for us to drive to also? That's pretty much what the rule in Marine is and it apparently is okay.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Do we have a contract with FWC to cover the majority of waterways in Pinellas County? It just seems that anytime there is some kind of call on the water that the Marine Unit's first question is "Check with FWC and see if they have a boat in the water." It seems as if anything in Tampa Bay, much of which is our area, is on it's own if FWC doesn't have a boat in the water. I haven't heard any Marine Unit activity anywhere down by the Sunshine Skyway unless a person has dove off the bridge. And even then it's never just, "we are 51." It's a bunch of questions. So basically if the Marine Unit is hitting anything it's pretty much south of Clearwater and north of St. Pete Beach. Hell, TI's boat gets more action that the ten or so Marine Unit Deputies we have. I'm sure the long lunches and the slow boat washdowns at the end of the day account for the lack of "Ten Fifty Bravo" we used to hear more often. They probably start their day from home and count the BS traffic stops they pull on their way in as time worked. Can patrol start asking FHP to send a unit to a call that's too far away for us to drive to also? That's pretty much what the rule in Marine is and it apparently is okay.
    You’re as boring as your mom.

Unregistered
    The Sgt and Cpl are lost out there.

Unregistered
    It's yet another cake job reserved for the privileged few who have connections. The rest of you peons get back to work to pad those stats to make your COC look good.

Unregistered
    You’re as boring as your mom.
    I'd normally agree, but didn't they just make that unit four deputies bigger? Wow! Bigger crew, less action. Great job sailors!!

Unregistered
    I'd normally agree, but didn't they just make that unit four deputies bigger? Wow! Bigger crew, less action. Great job sailors!!
    RB…aka everyones buddy, will be gone by end of year.

Unregistered
    The PCSO Navy is growing! They should ship them to the jail to help out with the staffing shortage.

Unregistered
    How do I sign up for the PCSO Navy? I could use a few years off.

Unregistered
    How do I sign up for the PCSO Navy? I could use a few years off.
    Pre-check:

1) Are you comfortable not making arrests or issuing citations?

2) Are you comfortable coming in late and going home early?

3) Are you comfortable not responding to calls unless another unit is at the scene snd verifies the boat is sinking and there are people in the water snd they are intact in distress and neither FD nor FWC have a boat in the truck-county area?

4) Can you float in water if necessary?

5). Do you fish in your days off?

Unregistered
    yeah basically, people sign up for the marine unit to chill on a boat all day, shoot some photos and flirt with the babes.

super relaxed job in my opinion...marine officers at any department know how to make the most out of their days on the force in my opinion. Can't hate on that

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast