New Legislation Would Reduce SFS Licensing Requirements
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

New Legislation Would Reduce SFS Licensing Requirements

New legislation from Northeast Florida Senator Jennifer Bradley would make it easier to obtain special food service liquor licenses that are reserved for “bona fide” restaurants in the Sunshine State. Specifically, the bill would reduce the number of meals that a licensee must be equipped to serve at one time from 150 to 100.

The full bill has been reproduced below, and it can be tracked on the Florida Senate’s website.

https://www.myfloridahouse.gov/secti...x?BillId=74348

Unregistered
    You are seriously upset about that?? Does it really bother you that more restaurants can serve me liquor at my pizzeria?

Unregistered
    I think they should just do away with quotas all together. SFS is basically a free for all now anyway. No food? I’ll ask for an audit maybe in 2 years from now you’ll get a fine?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I think they should just do away with quotas all together. SFS is basically a free for all now anyway. No food? I’ll ask for an audit maybe in 2 years from now you’ll get a fine?
    They should do away with us altogether. This is one more example of how the industry a free for all and now we serve no purpose. We’re not going to do anything and the licensees know that. Our notices aren’t worth the paper they are printed on.

Unregistered
    They should do away with us altogether. This is one more example of how the industry a free for all and now we serve no purpose. We’re not going to do anything and the licensees know that. Our notices aren’t worth the paper they are printed on.
    The industry controls our current admin.

Unregistered
    We don’t have printers 🖨

Unregistered
    The industry controls our current admin.
    The industry has always controlled ABT.

Unregistered
    We don’t have printers 🖨
    My lieutenant stole one from Circuit City last week. Our squad all pitches in for paper and ink cartridges.

Unregistered
    SFS rules change every year. Whatever.

Unregistered
    SFS rules change every year. Whatever.
    The problem is people still use these licenses as a free pass to run a nightclub just long enough until the audit happens, we eventually make a case, it takes forever in legal, and finally a final order appears. They can run it for two to three years like that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast