Mayor’s meeting

Confused employee

Mayor’s meeting

It was “EXCITING” to hear about all of the things happening over the years and into the future. Mr. “CITY MANAGER” sure was in agreement that they had done a fine job. I’m not sure that I really understand what that was all about.

Unregistered
    Bringing more in the city. Building more in the city. The big shots love it. More money for them and I’m sure they get some pretty nice bonuses. Meanwhile no raise and short staffed here. Work through BLM? So what?! Worked through COVID? (well some of you didn’t. You know who you are that took advantage of that time off) Who cares?!

Some good news though. Remember the city spent all that money on a pay study a couple of years ago and nothing ever came from it? Well, they are doing it again. What a joke.

I’m not exactly sure at what point moral went down but it is. New Chief? Command Staff? On top of the underpaid grunt while some got a nice bump in pay and a raise? Probably a good mix of all that. Tampa is going to love us again like it did all those years ago.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Bringing more in the city. Building more in the city. The big shots love it. More money for them and I’m sure they get some pretty nice bonuses. Meanwhile no raise and short staffed here. Work through BLM? So what?! Worked through COVID? (well some of you didn’t. You know who you are that took advantage of that time off) Who cares?!

Some good news though. Remember the city spent all that money on a pay study a couple of years ago and nothing ever came from it? Well, they are doing it again. What a joke.

I’m not exactly sure at what point moral went down but it is. New Chief? Command Staff? On top of the underpaid grunt while some got a nice bump in pay and a raise? Probably a good mix of all that. Tampa is going to love us again like it did all those years ago.
    Hell at this point if HCSO offered any type of incentive like Tampa for experienced officers it would be worth it. New merit pay raises, and arguably the best equipment, benefits, and training in the area. Sadly, almost all of the politicians in this city are about themselves.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Moral is definitely down because of the new Chief and the Command Staff. I’ve never seen it so low and no I’m not a rookie. I’ve been here long enough to see the changes. Time to start making some moves.

Unregistered
    For me it’s the command staff getting that bump in pay with a raise on top. Seriously? After working through all the shit last year and the only people who got a raise were the people who got promoted and a bump anyway? Crazy. Then you come in and pat yourself on the back and basically tell all of us we are going to get even more busy….

I don’t have a problem with the promotions for the most part as I really don’t care. However, not getting a thing while people who make more money already get a raise is classic Plant City for you. The Plant City Good Ole Boy system has been around forever and still to this day. I have 14+ years. Tell me I’m wrong. Morale is taking a nose dive and it’s about to get real. They’ll see.

Unregistered
    Of course morale is down. City manager and mayor pat themselves on the back and tell us we are going to get even more busy. No raise through BLM and COVID but the people who just got promoted and a pay increase get a pay raise as well. I wonder why hmmmmmmnnn.