Tpd vs hcso - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tpd vs hcso

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Did y’all forget TPD currently paying over 15 percent into the pension? Let’s do some math on some estimated figures

$100,000 salary minus 15 percent = $85,000

5 years buyback of your current pension will cost your over $80,000 at TPD. Can you get a personal loan or do ya got $80k Sittin in your savings. It’s not realistic.

Nice option to leave at 20 years but can you live off 65 percent of your salary ?

All agencies have pros and cons. Funny how we are holding calls daily in my zone but y’all wanna say how much staff is out there. Writing civil stolen vehicles ??? Give me a break. Driving old ass crown Vic in 2021? I spoke to a deputy last week been out 1.5 years and has a brand new loaded Tahoe. They got rid of all crown Vic’s over a year ago. Equipment sucks and makes the job harder than it is.

Also, HCSO has free health care for single along with a free clinic that is strictly Hcso employees only. I saw they are offering a sign on bonus now. In this area you won’t go wrong with either agency good luck.
    And HCSO paying 3% plus social security which we don’t pay. Plus 30 yrs to retire.. TPD you buy back 5 enter drop at 15 gone at 20 way better pension than the state. HCSO is a political nightmare with that pretty boy clueless sheriff. He will pander to anyone for a vote.

Unregistered
    Did y’all forget TPD currently paying over 15 percent into the pension? Let’s do some math on some estimated figures

$100,000 salary minus 15 percent = $85,000

5 years buyback of your current pension will cost your over $80,000 at TPD. Can you get a personal loan or do ya got $80k Sittin in your savings. It’s not realistic.

Nice option to leave at 20 years but can you live off 65 percent of your salary ?

All agencies have pros and cons. Funny how we are holding calls daily in my zone but y’all wanna say how much staff is out there. Writing civil stolen vehicles ??? Give me a break. Driving old ass crown Vic in 2021? I spoke to a deputy last week been out 1.5 years and has a brand new loaded Tahoe. They got rid of all crown Vic’s over a year ago. Equipment sucks and makes the job harder than it is.

Also, HCSO has free health care for single along with a free clinic that is strictly Hcso employees only. I saw they are offering a sign on bonus now. In this area you won’t go wrong with either agency good luck.
    Holy half truths Batman. You can’t put things as facts because someone said it.

Unregistered
    Holy half truths Batman. You can’t put things as facts because someone said it.
    What part isn’t true? The only part I’m unaware of is the signing bonus. I haven’t heard that, only that you get $500 if you’re vaccinated and I’m not sure if it applies to new hires.

Unregistered
    HCSO are a bunch of ball lickers. Secretary’s in a uniform.

Aren’t allowed to chase any suspects in those “awesome cars”, so at least you will be comfortable sitting around typing delayed calls all day.

Unregistered
    20 years 65% PLUS your 300 pensionable OT hours which you can easily get working mids and writing a few tickets = fat pension. Anyone who chooses HCSO is not doing their homework. No matter what we pay into our pension this year it’s still light years better at the end of the rainbow. Anyone who says otherwise is deceitful

Unregistered
    HCSO are a bunch of ball lickers. Secretary’s in a uniform.

Aren’t allowed to chase any suspects in those “awesome cars”, so at least you will be comfortable sitting around typing delayed calls all day.

Ummmm we gettin to no chases soon bozo. Dirt bikes are now a look the other way incase you haven’t heard.

The so called PBA union ? Give me a break what a joke. There’s a reason FHP Has the same pos union. Hide under those trees that’s the best we can all do as the homeless take over this crime infested city.

My good friend just retired at 20….. Not sure what’s up but he’s now working full time. So no matter where we all are we gonna work until we fall over with heart attacks. Enjoy it while you can.

Unregistered
    Why is your union a joke? I thought it was better to work for an agency that has a union.

Unregistered
    HCSO pays 3% into FRS and 6.2% into social security so factor that when you factoring how much TPD pays into pension. Also FRS has no COLA in retirement, a college kid becomes a deputy at 22 does 30 years, retires at 52… lives 40 years into retirement till 92. How is he supposed to survive in his 70’s and 80’s when inflation ate his retirement check up that had no COLA. Even his “social security” benefits will be reduced due to his “pension”.

If you think your zone is holding too many calls get with a real deputy out on patrol. They can’t have more than 2 deputies at any location per GPS, if the scene is stabilized t8 copy one of the next 4 calls stacked to you. Almost a million residents in their jurisdiction, they don’t pull call numbers for the t10s and the 74s you are used to miking, go look at how manny calls they are at for the year, half the man power with 300,000 more calls than us. They don’t have an evening squad, 6 day shift deputies 1 or 2 mid shift cars if you lucky, usually none, and 6 midnight deputies who have to answer twice as many calls in twice the geographical area. It is not uncommon for deputies to stay late handling routine 73s on a weekly basis, when was the last time you had to stay past your t7 time to handle that holding 73 in your zone???

Don’t put anything down on your buy back if you have no savings or nothing to roll over cause you broke, it’s taken out pre tax saving you money on taxes. Pick up 4 shifts a month at TGH, St Joes, Wawa, Walmart, Stadium, Arena, or all of the numerous other places paying $53 and above take home, that’s $1,700 a month which more than covers your buy back. Let me guess you want your cake and you want to eat it to, can’t be bothered to work for it even when you don’t already have the 80K.

No place is perfect but before you shit on your TPD, realize it is the best option for local departments in the area.
    I got it from here friend. As someone who worked at HCSO and left for TPD, I can honestly say I am glad I made the jump. When you compare both side by side, it’s no comparison. Both, in comparison to others in the state and the country, are some of the best around. But when comparing the two against each other, TPD comes out on top.

Sure the equipment is better at HCSO, but those are things that can be arbitrarily taken away and it’s still happening from what I hear from people who still work there. Your pension and years of life back from not working 30 years cannot be taken by staff.

Unregistered
    How short staffed is TPD?

Unregistered
    How short staffed is TPD?
    Most of them now are around 5'9 or so.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast