Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Did y’all forget TPD currently paying over 15 percent into the pension? Let’s do some math on some estimated figures

$100,000 salary minus 15 percent = $85,000

5 years buyback of your current pension will cost your over $80,000 at TPD. Can you get a personal loan or do ya got $80k Sittin in your savings. It’s not realistic.

Nice option to leave at 20 years but can you live off 65 percent of your salary ?

All agencies have pros and cons. Funny how we are holding calls daily in my zone but y’all wanna say how much staff is out there. Writing civil stolen vehicles ??? Give me a break. Driving old ass crown Vic in 2021? I spoke to a deputy last week been out 1.5 years and has a brand new loaded Tahoe. They got rid of all crown Vic’s over a year ago. Equipment sucks and makes the job harder than it is.

Also, HCSO has free health care for single along with a free clinic that is strictly Hcso employees only. I saw they are offering a sign on bonus now. In this area you won’t go wrong with either agency good luck.
And HCSO paying 3% plus social security which we don’t pay. Plus 30 yrs to retire.. TPD you buy back 5 enter drop at 15 gone at 20 way better pension than the state. HCSO is a political nightmare with that pretty boy clueless sheriff. He will pander to anyone for a vote.