Plan for Cuts in 2022
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Plan for Cuts in 2022

Well, at least ABT decided to put spots on the table to eliminate (if we HAD to, but don’t want) in this years “exercise” that shouldn’t be as juicy of a plan as last years massive agent hunger games. I suppose that’s better than nothing. Raises and retaining members would be better.

The Department of Business and Professional Regulation, Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco (Division) proposes a
    reduction of twenty-seven (27) FTE and $1,783,624 of Salaries and benefits budget authority in the Bureau of Law
    Enforcement.
    The division’s Bureau of Law Enforcement is responsible for the management of the division’s law enforcement investigations and regulatory inspection programs. These responsibilities include: completing regulatory inspections at
    licensed premises, conducting license investigations, providing guidance and direction to licensees, and conducting
    criminal investigations pursuant to beverage and tobacco laws.
    These eliminated positions include sworn and non-sworn members of the investigation unit in areas that have a high number
    of licensees (i.e. Orlando, Miami, Tampa, and Fort Meyers) which will greatly impact the number of investigations that
    the division will be able to conduct throughout the year. As well, due to the reduction in staff it could lead to
    restructuring within the division, possibly an office closure. This could lead to increasing costs due to increased
    travel and the costs associated with such.
    This reduction would have a significant impact on Division operations.

See page 78 of this pdf http://floridafiscalportal.state.fl....27&DocType=PDF

Unregistered
    Well, I guess it’s a start. I guess it’s good that a restructuring plan with eliminating dozens of agent spots isn’t part of their “exercise.”

It’s just an exercise until someone goes “that’s an idea!”

Unregistered
    You won’t know what they actually want to cut until January. Didn’t you learn anything last fiscal year?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You won’t know what they actually want to cut until January. Didn’t you learn anything last fiscal year?
    Yeah, that was in the LBR process prior to the Governor’s recommended budget. So if you keep an eye on the “PRIORITY LISTING FOR POSSIBLE REDUCTION FOR REQUEST YEAR,” you know the worst likely scenario they’d recommend. Not 100%, but I think that was in the same doc last year before the gov budget rec.

Unregistered
    The governor’s recommendation last year came right from that lovely budget exercise that was submitted along side that LBR last year. Thankfully we don’t have as many excuses to cut down on expenses as we did last year though.

Unregistered
    Yeah, that was in the LBR process prior to the Governor’s recommended budget. So if you keep an eye on the “PRIORITY LISTING FOR POSSIBLE REDUCTION FOR REQUEST YEAR,” you know the worst likely scenario they’d recommend. Not 100%, but I think that was in the same doc last year before the gov budget rec.
    They still want it to happen

Unregistered
    They still want it to happen
    I don’t think that is true. We have a new secretary that supports us. That positive vibe continues down the line to the newest employee. The chief has indicated new hires are needed and positions are being filled. We are getting more and better training and the list of recently purchased gear in extensive. Everything done this year points to a leaner better and more focused team. There is nothing to support your claim.

Unregistered
    I don’t think that is true. We have a new secretary that supports us. That positive vibe continues down the line to the newest employee. The chief has indicated new hires are needed and positions are being filled. We are getting more and better training and the list of recently purchased gear in extensive. Everything done this year points to a leaner better and more focused team. There is nothing to support your claim.
    you stay drinking their hot dog water

Unregistered
    Every job has pluses and minuses. If you enjoy where you are then you are where you need to be. I don’t worry about downsizing or being civilianized. I make the most of every opportunity. Every year here is 3%. Years matter. Benefits matter. Spoon bangers? Not so much.

Unregistered
    Every job has pluses and minuses. If you enjoy where you are then you are where you need to be. I don’t worry about downsizing or being civilianized. I make the most of every opportunity. Every year here is 3%. Years matter. Benefits matter. Spoon bangers? Not so much.
    Eh, you stay compfy being in your underpaid gig. This place could actually be decent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast